PDA

View Full Version : Ariat Monaco's

mylilpony
May. 19, 2010, 09:51 PM
So I just got a free pair of Ariat Monacos and usually I dont really like Ariat products, but the monacos are stunning! They fit pretty darn well, the only thing i can complain about is them being a little loose in the ankles,but that might change when they drop. Anyways, Im wondering what the best method to breaking them in is? I really dont want to destroy them and i dont want the tops to get all gross and flappy (where the little silver charm is) I;m in no rush to break them in. What do you guys suggest I do. I also dont want to wear the leather to much because it is already really soft and everyone told me they are really fragile .... let me know. I want them to stay nice and tight and not get baggy or to short.

mroades
May. 19, 2010, 10:45 PM
the zippers have broken on every single pair I have seen....

hype
May. 19, 2010, 10:48 PM
Just wear them around. One of the kids in our barn has them and she rode in them a few times and they were broken in. Not difficult at all. She's pretty careful about only wearing them for shows as the leather is pretty thin.

ktm2007
May. 19, 2010, 11:27 PM
they break in SUPER easy. I wore them for the first time AT a show and had absolutely no problems at all, and I walked around in the all day. Soooooo much easier than my vogels!
Use the boot trees to help them not to drop too much

klmck63
May. 20, 2010, 12:44 AM
I love mine! No zipper issues here, luckily.

If you have lots of time just wear them around the house until they're broken in, ride in them a couple of times to makes sure they're comfy and then save them for shows/special occasions.

Mine were probably about five hours of wearing around the house and then two rides until they were perfectly comfortable.

Meredith Clark
May. 20, 2010, 12:47 AM
I have a few friends who have them and they haven't had any zipper problems. I tired some on but I have really big feet for how short I am so they're all too tall :no:

I feel like I'm going to have to get customs whenever my old OLD Ariats fall apart.

Denzel
May. 20, 2010, 01:06 AM
I have had mine since last November, and only use them for shows/clinics. All I did was wear them around at home for a day and condition them with a leather conditioner (I love the Amerigo conditioner in the tub). They broke in super easily and have always been super comfy. I would definitely not ride in them daily though, that inner stretch panel is super soft leather that will definitely not stand up to daily use.

BeastieSlave
May. 20, 2010, 07:21 AM
My kid has a pair and they broke in really quickly by just wearing them. So far, she hasn't had any problems - with anything. I will qualify that by mentioning that she only wears them for shows and clinics. They are not everyday boots!