View Full Version : Ariat Monaco's

May. 19, 2010, 09:51 PM
So I just got a free pair of Ariat Monacos and usually I dont really like Ariat products, but the monacos are stunning! They fit pretty darn well, the only thing i can complain about is them being a little loose in the ankles,but that might change when they drop. Anyways, Im wondering what the best method to breaking them in is? I really dont want to destroy them and i dont want the tops to get all gross and flappy (where the little silver charm is) I;m in no rush to break them in. What do you guys suggest I do. I also dont want to wear the leather to much because it is already really soft and everyone told me they are really fragile .... let me know. I want them to stay nice and tight and not get baggy or to short.

May. 19, 2010, 10:45 PM
the zippers have broken on every single pair I have seen....

May. 19, 2010, 10:48 PM
Just wear them around. One of the kids in our barn has them and she rode in them a few times and they were broken in. Not difficult at all. She's pretty careful about only wearing them for shows as the leather is pretty thin.

May. 19, 2010, 11:27 PM
they break in SUPER easy. I wore them for the first time AT a show and had absolutely no problems at all, and I walked around in the all day. Soooooo much easier than my vogels!
Use the boot trees to help them not to drop too much

May. 20, 2010, 12:44 AM
I love mine! No zipper issues here, luckily.

If you have lots of time just wear them around the house until they're broken in, ride in them a couple of times to makes sure they're comfy and then save them for shows/special occasions.

Mine were probably about five hours of wearing around the house and then two rides until they were perfectly comfortable.

Meredith Clark
May. 20, 2010, 12:47 AM
I have a few friends who have them and they haven't had any zipper problems. I tired some on but I have really big feet for how short I am so they're all too tall :no:

I feel like I'm going to have to get customs whenever my old OLD Ariats fall apart.

May. 20, 2010, 01:06 AM
I have had mine since last November, and only use them for shows/clinics. All I did was wear them around at home for a day and condition them with a leather conditioner (I love the Amerigo conditioner in the tub). They broke in super easily and have always been super comfy. I would definitely not ride in them daily though, that inner stretch panel is super soft leather that will definitely not stand up to daily use.

May. 20, 2010, 07:21 AM
My kid has a pair and they broke in really quickly by just wearing them. So far, she hasn't had any problems - with anything. I will qualify that by mentioning that she only wears them for shows and clinics. They are not everyday boots!