PDA

View Full Version : Productions East vs Shownet - even more horrible

quintessance
May. 19, 2010, 04:12 PM
:mad::mad::mad:OMG, I never thought I would say this, but where is Productions east at in KY. The yahoos here now are even more terrible than my grandmother, and are a rip-off to boot!!!

The one class they did manage to get of one my horses looks like someone was drunk while video taping, and for 95 dollars they didn't even get my other horse or many of my friends, but we were told they shot "everything". Any one else getting ripped off?:mad:

on another note the show is fabulous as usual, and my pics are great.

theoriginalruffkutt
May. 23, 2010, 10:08 AM
There is a huge difference in them and a professional video company. you decide before you spend your hard earned cash.

FYI we'll be in KY in June, for those who have called ;)

Here is "them"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROoQudKhKXg

Here is "us" (same ring last year)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaKaLwvIOCg

twofatponies
May. 23, 2010, 10:16 AM
Wow, that's pretty bad. I have to say I'm impressed when a video company can cover a larger show. I used to do small shows, but could never find anyone with enough "talent" to follow a horse properly with the camera to help me out with events where there was more than one ring going at the same time. So I stopped doing shows and just do private sales, etc. where I can do all the work myself.

You really have to actually pay attention 100% to take a good video. Hand-eye coordination and all that. <rolleyes>

dags
May. 23, 2010, 01:14 PM
I was so waiting for a post like this.

Folks, if you aren't aware, we are loosing all of our quality video companies (Ocala, anyone????). Shownet is not a videographer, it's a company with a flashy technology plan that considers everything BUT the quality of your video.

Talk to your show managers tell them good video IS important to you (then tell them to hire Equis Video :D)

(and if we must deal with shownet can someone PLEASE tell the camera guys that the round does NOT end when the horse lands from the last fence?? So far everything I've gotten from them suddenly pans hard and fast to the scoreboard the second the horse's feet touch the ground. We'll just assume they got that final lead change. :rolleyes: )

Kahuna
May. 23, 2010, 08:07 PM
Video In Demand does a GREAT job. They are based in Cali, but do Vermont, Capital Challenge and Southampton. I really wish HITS would hire a videographer. I have not had good experiences overall with Productions East. Missed classes, taped the wrong horse, etc. That being said, the group that they sent to Duke in November did a great job.

PoochPaddock
May. 23, 2010, 11:02 PM
HITS charges prohibitively expensive vendor fees for these kinds of services, making it very difficult for small business owners to provide their services at those shows. I'm sure there are a fair number of videographers who are scared off by those fees. There is at least one very well known horse show photographer who is rumored to have stopped doing those shows because of the cost of doing business there. For a service like that at a large, AA show, there are a lot of rings to shoot and labor is not cheap. Couple that with the high vendor fee, and it doesn't pay to be there.

Someone else here mentioned talking to management. The exhibitors are the customers of the horse show management. Make yourselves be heard in the offices. Let them know what services you need to have to make you a happy customer.

imagdrider
May. 31, 2010, 12:43 AM
Telesis Video is best by far for the price and quality of work.