PDA

View Full Version : Show Jumping Museum @ USHJA

khp vol
May. 19, 2010, 04:51 PM
Just noticed that the museum in the lobby of the USHJA Headquarters @ KHP is open. The receptionist said the hours for the museum are nomal business hours- 8:30 A.M.- 5 P.M. Monday through Friday. They are working on a gift shop, but it's not open yet.
Hopefully, with all the big h/j shows coming to KHP this summer, it will get some pretty good traffic (NOTE: THERE IS NO ADDITIONAL FEE TO VIEW THIS MUSEUM).

MHM
May. 19, 2010, 05:33 PM
Where exactly is the USHJA building? Is it near the USEF building?

I wish I had known about this yesterday!

Brydelle Farm
May. 19, 2010, 11:21 PM
Where exactly is the USHJA building? Is it near the USEF building?

I wish I had known about this yesterday!

Ditto!! or even this AM! ;)

khp vol
May. 20, 2010, 09:34 AM
The USHJA building is on Cigar Lane just up from the traffic circle. It is next to the Morgan Pavilion, which is under construction (kinda looks like a storage shed for the world's largest batwing mower).

If you're in KHP just for the competition, take the Cigar Lane exit from the traffic circle and pull in at USHJA (it has its own parking lot).

If you're at KHP as a visitor, it's behind the (still-closed) restaurant.

BTW, if you're looking for a decent meal inside KHP, go the Farmhouse at the west end of Nina Bonnie. Limited menu, but nice atmosphere and decent prices. They know the restaurant is closed, so they're not asking if you're a KHP Foundation member.

MHM
May. 20, 2010, 02:34 PM
So is the USHJA building between the traffic circle and the trail horse crossing?

I want to make sure I don't miss it on my next visit later this year! :)

khp vol
May. 20, 2010, 05:58 PM
So is the USHJA building between the traffic circle and the trail horse crossing?

I want to make sure I don't miss it on my next visit later this year! :)

That's exactly right.

MHM
May. 20, 2010, 06:59 PM
Cool- thanks very much! :cool:

DuffyAgain
May. 21, 2010, 03:37 PM
The USHJA building is very nice! They just hosted an IHSA reception there during nationals. :)