PDA

View Full Version : Trainers/Instructors/Farms/Barns in Kaiserslautern Germany?

acottongim
May. 18, 2010, 06:26 PM
I have a friend who is an instructor in the Bitburg area of Germany. She just sent me an email asking if I knew of anyone in the Kaiserslautern area that gave lessons - especially over fences. She said that the teen that she has is American but speaks German so it is ok for a non English speaking trainer and is a "fantastic" rider with a lot of talent and drive to go far. She (the teen) is mostly interested in over fences work - jumpers, hunters, eventing is ok too.

I used to live in K-town and rode with an ex steeplechase jockey but heck that was over 20 years ago and who knows what is still there anymore??

Any info is appreciated!! TIA!

jse
May. 18, 2010, 07:05 PM
San Jose Stables (formerly of Middleburg/Wellington) is now in Timerloh, right outside of Hamburg.

ETA: Woops! Kaiserslautern is way south of Hamburg...guess that won't work!

n2dressage
May. 18, 2010, 07:24 PM
I'm not too horribly far from there. I can ask at the barn tomorrow if they know anyone. One of the trainers just does jumpers and seems to know a lot of people.

acottongim
May. 18, 2010, 08:32 PM
Stuttgart is a lot closer than Hamburg! LOL Thanks so much!!! I really appreciate it!!

Therese
May. 18, 2010, 10:15 PM
About 12 years ago I was at:

REITSPORTGEMEINSCHAFT KAISERSLAUTERN E.V. D-67657 KAISERSLAUTERN, ROTENBERGHOF

and just down the street is a nice tack shop:

REITSPORT BAßLER D-67657 KAISERSLAUTERN, HÖLZENGRABEN 6

This one is just a little away from Ramstein AFB, but isn't as nice as Rotenberhof

REIT- UND FAHRVEREIN ST. GEORG E.V. D-66877 RAMSTEIN-MIESENBACH, REICHSWALDSTR. 1

I was there last year and both barns are still there. I stopped in at Bassler and chatted with the folks there too.

There are actually a lot of nice stables in the area. ...and lots of shows too. Rotenberghof ran at least one large jumper show and a couple of dressage shows each year.

acottongim
May. 18, 2010, 10:51 PM
LOL - I know Bassler! I'll pass those along. I know that there are several shows - and Gabi has said this teen would like to show...

Keep them coming! The more places she can actually go and scope out to find her "niche" the better! :)

n2dressage
May. 19, 2010, 05:22 PM
Sigh... it is SO COLD and rainy here the I forgot to ask at the barn today! I think my brain is water logged and frozen! I'll ask tomorrow or send a text and see what I get!

acottongim
May. 20, 2010, 05:28 PM
No problem - if you want to PM me the response that is fine. :) I appreciate it!!!!!

n2dressage
May. 22, 2010, 02:13 PM
I got a recommendation for Schmidt stables. The owners name I think is Gerhard Schmidt.
I'll let you know if I hear or others!

acottongim
May. 23, 2010, 09:44 AM
thanks! I've passed it all along!!! :)

Therese
May. 23, 2010, 01:09 PM
I got a recommendation for Schmidt stables. The owners name I think is Gerhard Schmidt.
I'll let you know if I hear or others!

Gerhard is the owner of Rotenberghof. Really nice place.