PDA

View Full Version : Racing Arabians

Jleegriffith
May. 18, 2010, 07:01 AM
Are there resources to use to help some of the trainers at Delaware Park find homes for racing arabians? I have one who is a giveaway that we saw over the weekend so I placed him on the giveaways here (will be up after moderation) but I am looking for forums/online marketing for those who might be looking for an arabian or one who has raced.

I would like to help those trainers out if possible but we can't use CANTER for the arabians.

chicamuxen1
May. 18, 2010, 07:35 AM
One good place to post info would be the ECTRA yahoo group. All the folks on the group are CTR and/or endurance riders and most ride Arabians. it would be a good start to reach people who like Arabians bred to race. I would be happy to help with that.

Also, the Old Dominion Endurance Rides has a newsletter that we could put info into for trainers/owners that want to place horses. Again, most of our members are Arab lovers and we have members scattered across the entire country although most are regional to the mid-Atlantic area. If I can help you may forward my email along.
chicamuxen at netscape dot com

Bonnie Snodgrass
Old Dominion Endurance Rides BOD member

dacasodivine
May. 18, 2010, 08:44 AM
What about Arabian Breeder's Network? They have a "giveaways" forum, a "rescue and rehoming" forum, and forums for classifieds.

d1stanceryder
May. 21, 2010, 02:04 PM
PM Sent

texang73
May. 21, 2010, 03:29 PM
It's probably too far away, but LOPE (http://lopetx.org/) lists ex-racers of all breeds... But Lynn may have some ideas/ suggestions. Good luck!

DandyMatiz
May. 21, 2010, 04:17 PM
There is an Arabian Rehoming Resource, as well as the Rescue/Rehoming section of Ablackhorse.com. (We have several racing owners there actually).