PDA

View Full Version : Good Barns near Beavercreek, OH?

Ms.BarnBrat
May. 17, 2010, 11:24 PM
I just moved to Beavercreek, OH; and I am looking for a new barn, I am currently horse-less so preferably someplace with good schoolies/ horses for lease and good instruction! I'm a solid intermediate rider, with lots of dressage experience (but just getting back into jumping again!) looking to find a new Barn-Home! ANY tips on where to go, or whom to aviod is great!:)

tidy rabbit
May. 18, 2010, 12:05 AM
Check out Dancing Horse Farm in Waynesville. :)

I'll be there with one of my young horses next Wednesday evening. You're welcome to come watch my dressage lesson and get a feel for the place. - I ride jumpers and hunters but augment with dressage work.

Ms.BarnBrat
May. 18, 2010, 12:12 AM
Check out Dancing Horse Farm in Waynesville. :)

I'll be there with one of my young horses next Wednesday evening. You're welcome to come watch my dressage lesson and get a feel for the place. - I ride jumpers and hunters but augment with dressage work.

I've had more than a couple people recommend this place, but from looking at their website I don't think I can afford to start lessons there. I am currently jobless, and my DH makes just enough to support us, so I would have to work-to-ride. But until I can establish myself somewhere I need to pay for lessons to get to know the barn.

I use to be the barn manager of a 40 stall barn back in MI, moved here for the hubby's job and I feel totally lost! (never thought I would be this close to 30 and have to look for a "real" job! ):(

But maybe going out to say hi will cheer me up and at least let me see what is out there!:)