PDA

View Full Version : Ecogold Impact pad vs. Equifit T-Foam?

soloudinhere
May. 17, 2010, 05:35 PM
I'm looking for a new memory foam half pad to help with a temporary fitting issue with my saddle while it's being refitted, and the saddle fitter recommended memory foam.

The two I found and liked are the Ecogold Impact and the Equifit T-Foam. I have other equifit products that I really like, but the half pad is a whopping $200 while the Ecogold is $115. What is the difference between them? Does anyone have and use either? Which one is thinner (less likely to interfere with saddle fit, so I can use it when my saddle comes back too?)

Thanks in advance.

soloudinhere
May. 18, 2010, 07:19 AM
Anyone?

Dakotawyatt
May. 18, 2010, 07:25 AM
I have never laid eyes on an Ecogold pad at ALL, so can't speak there. The ONLY thing I would worry about with the Equifit pad is the fact that the lining of the T-boots freeze in freezing temps. I think my horse also would benefit from a memory foam type pad, but I worry that once the temps drop below 40, the pad would be worthless. I used my Adelaide sport boots and polos on the REALLY cold days! I have no idea if this is actually a legit fear.

cbiscuit
May. 18, 2010, 07:42 AM
One is made from mattress foam and costs $200 and one is made from shelf liner and costs $115.

So the obvious deciding question is, which one looks the coolest?

soloudinhere
May. 18, 2010, 08:02 AM
That was a little uncalled for, don't you think? I'm just trying to do what is best for my horse here.

sweetpea
May. 18, 2010, 08:52 AM
The equifit products may feel stiff at first when it is cold , but after five minute of it sitting on your horses back and working it will warm up--
I use all of their leg boots.

Even if it is 30 degrees it will warm up and soften.

I personally donot like memory foam for back pads , they crush down.
I my self like the thinnist style saddleright will make for a back pad.
I special order my pad from Jeanette at saddleright and it is awesome.

It is the smooth leather so my saddle sits still and it doesn't prop you up their.

soloudinhere
May. 18, 2010, 09:55 AM
I can't buy a saddleright for $245 without knowing anything about what it's made of or how it works. Their website is a total nightmare and I've heard bad things about how hot the pads get. You would think charging that much their site would be better.

The saddle fitter recommended memory foam to fill in a hollow in a demo saddle while mine is being repaneled. However the memory foam fleeceworks is huge and thick so I need something thinner and these were the two that were recommended to me.

Someone else has recommended lamicell but it's only $50...is that going to be as good a pad as something that is $200?

mhil@equifit.net
May. 18, 2010, 02:15 PM
Hello-
As a representative for EquiFit, inc. I wanted to reply to your post in regards to the EquiFit T-Form Saddle Pads™.

The EquiFit Saddle Pads feature T-Foam technology, EquiFit's T-Form Therapeutic Saddle Pads conform to the exact contour of your horse and saddle for a custom fit on every horse, every time. The lightweight pads disperse pressure points, maximize support and saddle stability and absorb 97% of shock and vibration under impact.

T-Foam's open celled structure prevents overheating. T-Form Therapeutic pads are ideal for horses with sore back, ill fitting saddles and for the prevention of sore backs.

I hope this information helps and please feel free to contact me directly if you need any additional information.

Thank you
Melissa Hill
EquiFit, inc.
www.EquiFit.net

uniongrove
May. 18, 2010, 02:27 PM
I love equifit and their rep "Melissa". She knows everything about their products and is totally reliable. She will do everything to ensure your happy with their products. Once my horse was getting a rub from the boots, she came to our tent at HITS and watched me put them on my horse. I had them on to loose and they moved around and gave him a rub. Now i put them on correctly... snug- no more rubs. She even gave me a gel pad they make to put in the boot to immediately give him relief. Gotta love Melissa and Equifit!

soloudinhere
May. 18, 2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks, Melissa-- I have sent you a PM.

sweetpea
May. 19, 2010, 09:31 AM
I prefer to call the company especially like you said $245.00
As far as the pads getting hot -- not a clue as to why that has been said.
As far as why they are great , saddleright can explain better than I .
Many people use them and swear by them. I know Jeff Cook uses them and loves them. The thing Like is they have in a trade in deal too.