PDA

View Full Version : Is There Really That Much Difference?

indygirl2560
May. 17, 2010, 03:38 PM
I absolutely love my Ariat Pro Circuits, but they're pricey and I haven't found any good deals on them lately. I've heard so many good things about TS breeches, so I borrowed a pair of my friend's and decided to buy some used online. The breeches came today and I couldn't get them on! Same size as my friend's breeches and my Ariats(24), but they was no way those breeches were going to go up, over my hips without breaking something! I'm so confused! My friend's breeches were baggy on me compared to my Ariats and these TS breeches couldn't even be pulled on all the way(and they had a side zip too)! The breeches look like they're for a child's waist, but I measured and they're a little over 24". :no:

Anyone else have this experience? Did I just happen upon an older model? What TS model is the most similar to the Ariat Pro circuit line?

Tha Ridge
May. 17, 2010, 03:43 PM
Where did you order them from? Are you sure they didn't give you a kid's size by mistake?

I've always found Ariat breeches to run smaller than TS, not vice versa.

SkipChange
May. 17, 2010, 03:48 PM
I had a similar experience...I wear 22 ariats and 24 TS was too small. :confused: oh well. I can't stand velcro at the bottom of my breeches so I didn't get any TS then anyway.

indygirl2560
May. 17, 2010, 07:09 PM
Well even the TS tag inside said 24. And my friend's TS breeches were baggy on me compared to my Ariats. I guess no more TS for me. Maybe I'll take a trip to the local tack store and see if they have any in stock to try on....

sptraining
May. 17, 2010, 07:24 PM
There are many different kinds of TS breeches, so maybe you ordered the non-stretchy, non-forgiving kind?

Trixie
May. 17, 2010, 07:27 PM
I have discovered that it seems as if every pair of TS fits differently. I've had better luck trying them on in the store, or buying a little larger since I hate tight breeches anyway.

The good news is that they'll probably hold their value on ebay.

FineAlready
May. 17, 2010, 07:44 PM
I have discovered that it seems as if every pair of TS fits differently. I've had better luck trying them on in the store, or buying a little larger since I hate tight breeches anyway.

The good news is that they'll probably hold their value on ebay.

Yes, I totally agree! Three pair of TS low rise breeches in exactly the "same" size. Three totally different fits and level of quality. First pair fits fine but the crotch is not holding up well even though I rarely wear that pair. Second pair fits GREAT and is holding up GREAT. Third pair has an oddly way-too-big waist but normal fitting thigh area and is not holding up well in the crotch.

I have no idea. Quality control seems a bit off. I don't think I will be getting another pair anytime soon.

rideforthelaurels16
May. 17, 2010, 08:28 PM
TS breeches have been so hit-and-miss that I gave up. I wear a 28 in Ariats and so bought a pair of 28 TSs on eBay - HUGE. Went and tried on a 26 - couldn't zip them. WTF!?

intrepid
May. 18, 2010, 02:35 AM
I am anywhere from a 30 to a 34 in TS, it is very dependent on style. The 4way Supremes I can wear a 30, but I need a 34 in the 2way Royal Hunters. The cotton schoolers, Professional line and Trophy Hunters I need a 30 or 32. Regular or Low Rise as well as short/reg/tall makes a big difference in the cut as well.

alteringwego
May. 18, 2010, 08:48 AM
Intrepid- I'm glad I'm not the only one. Those are my measurements exactly and yes, my closet is full of many varied sizes.

Bugsey
May. 19, 2010, 03:37 PM
Each style breech fits differently for a reason, for different body types. If you have a problem, or a question, contact The Tailored sportsman.

PNWjumper
May. 19, 2010, 05:30 PM
If you bought them used online I'm going to take a wild guess that you bought a pair of the Royal Hunters (especially if you got a "killer deal" on them!). Look at the material and if it says 60% Rayon 40% Nylon then you got the Royals.

The Royal Hunters are the original Tailored Sportsman breeches, are considered 2-way stretch, and fit completely differently than the Supremes and the schooling breeches and the Trophy Hunters.

atouchofclass
May. 20, 2010, 08:32 AM
funny to hear that others have the same hit or miss experiences with TS..

nlk
May. 20, 2010, 08:43 AM
I have a hard time finding jeans let a lone breeches! I get Devon Aires on sale ( for schooling at home) I tried on ONE pair of TS in a size larger figured I'd error on the side of cation...Couldn't get them any where near my hips!!!!

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
May. 20, 2010, 02:26 PM
I wear a 26 in Ariat and a 28-30 in TS depending on the style and fabric.

TS has two way, four way and pro fabric along with cotton. If the 2 way is dryed with heat they will fit a whole size smaller.

KristieBee
May. 20, 2010, 02:31 PM
I'm a 24 ariat, but they still fit sort of wonky. i'm a 26 in tailored sportsmans, and i have to get the waist let out a bit, but then they're just right. (28 TS is way too baggy in the hips for me). i think it's just variation between brands.

BAC
May. 20, 2010, 02:46 PM
I find it depends on which model of TS breeches you select, each one has a different cut and fit to it. I can only wear their schooling breeches and the 2-way Royals, the Supremes, which I prefer, never fit me. In general I wear a size larger in Ariats though, they seem slimmer through the thigh than TS, at least on me.

I hate the TS Royal hunters, they have no "give" at all, due to the lack of stretch in them, I am thinking that is probably what you bought and why they are not fitting you.