PDA

View Full Version : 2 years later... (sorry, more than a little bit of a brag)

supershorty628
May. 17, 2010, 01:05 PM
I just got back from Saratoga with the Wondermare and have to share. I am so ridiculously proud of her and how she has stepped up to the plate...bear with me.

Exactly 2 years ago, Nikki and I stepped into the jumper ring at Saratoga for the first time. It was the first time either of us had done the jumpers and we went into the low juniors. I was so nervous that I couldn't eat anything; I got sick if I did. This is our first jumper round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGiUzKQCHzg

A few people have put a lot of time and effort into Nikki's training or care, but she very rarely gets professional rides; I have done all of her schooling save for this past school year where my mom kept Nikki in shape while I was out in Minnesota (I came home once a month to school her with Kip - I know I was lucky to be able to do that too). She had not shown since HITS 7 in August, and we brought her up to Saratoga even though I had just come back from IHSA Nationals and had not gotten a chance to have a good school on her prior to leaving.

(Obviously we didn't throw her right into the high ammy-owners with no warm up, but the 1.20m class we did prior to the a/os is not terribly interesting so I'm not posting that)

It was like Nikki had never left the ring. She remembered everything from last year and was just incredible! I had some not-so-wonderful moments, but she really gave me 100% all weekend when she could have been horrible and no one would have blamed her. Here is her first high round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoGvn4XHTww
And here is the high classic (it wasn't the best ride I've given her; 1.40m looks REALLY big when you haven't seen it in 9 months and I was overriding a bit): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZQbHbQeyfM

She is just the best and I am so happy/relieved that this weekend wasn't a disaster...it could have been. Sorry for the brag!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs558.ash1/32506_1263870241024_1357770419_31283497_6903728_n. jpg <-- she's so awesome!

ExJumper
May. 17, 2010, 01:09 PM
That's awesome, Em. Really awesome!

Congratulations!

Tha Ridge
May. 17, 2010, 01:43 PM
Congrats!

She's really a cool little horse - you are lucky to have found each other. I know she's TB, but what's her background beyond that? Breeding? OTTB? Etc. :)

blackcat95
May. 17, 2010, 05:00 PM
Congrats!! I love hearing about Nikki- she's amazing!

make x it x so
May. 17, 2010, 05:23 PM
I wish my TB was as smart as Nikki (and as brave, haha). If I give him more than a week off from JUMPING, he acts like a fresh greenbean who's never jumped a course before. And our first outdoor show of the year is ALWAYS a sight to behold haha.

You deserve to brag, you've done a lot with that mare and most of it was on your own!

RugBug
May. 17, 2010, 06:17 PM
You guys look terrific...

I actually remember when Nikki was your hunter/eq horse (and wasn't there an injury as well?). You've come a long way and you deserve to brag a bit. :D

Quinn
May. 17, 2010, 07:27 PM
Wow. Wow. Wow! Complete pleasure to watch. Teamwork all the way.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff

Long Spot
May. 17, 2010, 07:49 PM
Wonderful!

Psssst! I love that you wore your french blue coat. Sooo lovely on you!

You guys look great. Congrats!

lintesia
May. 17, 2010, 09:12 PM
Very impressive!! Congratulations!

mustangsal85
May. 17, 2010, 09:14 PM
I have become a big fan of you and your mare since I joined this forum. Congrats!!!

supershorty628
May. 17, 2010, 09:40 PM
You guys look terrific...

I actually remember when Nikki was your hunter/eq horse (and wasn't there an injury as well?). You've come a long way and you deserve to brag a bit. :D

Colic surgery, yes.

Tha Ridge - I don't know her background other than she showed in the junior and green conformation hunters before I had her...I wish I could find out! She isn't tattooed; the story is that she bowed a tendon on the track before ever racing so wasn't tattooed or sold with papers.

Thanks to everyone! Nikki really deserves all of the good thoughts and wishes; she is just unbelievable. I am a lucky, lucky girl. :)

tidy rabbit
May. 17, 2010, 09:42 PM
Congratulations! :) I hope there are many more to come!

Personal Champ
May. 17, 2010, 09:44 PM
I would just like to say that your eq is ridiculously fantastic over those ginormous fences. :lol: Congrats!

PNWjumper
May. 18, 2010, 12:32 AM
Congrats on a fun show! And that still shot from the video is incredible! I hope the photographer got you over that fence too! :)

Lucassb
May. 18, 2010, 10:01 AM
Super job as always, Em! You guys look great!!!! Lots of molasses cookies for the Wondermare!!

Tha Ridge
May. 18, 2010, 11:18 AM
Tha Ridge - I don't know her background other than she showed in the junior and green conformation hunters before I had her...I wish I could find out! She isn't tattooed; the story is that she bowed a tendon on the track before ever racing so wasn't tattooed or sold with papers.

Ah, too bad! I would love to know her breeding, since she has such a great mind and great athletic ability. :yes:

supershorty628
May. 18, 2010, 11:54 AM
Ah, too bad! I would love to know her breeding, since she has such a great mind and great athletic ability. :yes:

I would too! I would love to breed her eventually and knowing her breeding would be helpful.

Aliascml
May. 18, 2010, 12:06 PM
Congrats and awesome job, miss 109! I love your updates. :)

fordtraktor
May. 18, 2010, 08:20 PM
Fabulous job and a beautiful mare.

Gideon
May. 18, 2010, 09:10 PM
Wow, you both look great!:D

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
May. 18, 2010, 09:19 PM
I LOVE seeing success stories from wonderful riders who give their horses so much credit. That shows such horsemanship!