PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the ACTHA 'Ride for the Rescues'?

Digit2009
May. 17, 2010, 01:03 PM
Has anyone seen the 'Ride for the Rescues' hosted by ACTHA?
it's on June 13th, a ride in every state, funds raised going to equine rescues. Partnered by Guinness World Record.
It should be a blast, and it's a great cause.
Check it out www.ACTHA.us
Now if the bikers where I'll be riding can just not make a fuss about, for just one day, and appreciate the cause.
sigh........ :-)
Happy safe riding to all

sunridge1
May. 18, 2010, 09:45 AM
I so want to do this but am having a hard time finding anyone to go with me. ARG!

mustangtrailrider
May. 18, 2010, 09:53 PM
I want to do it as well, but I am not going to join ACTHA and pay to go on the ride.

Painted Horse
May. 19, 2010, 05:46 AM
I will say that ACTHA has done a good job of getting on every horse related website trying to act like posters asking about the ride as they try to advertise.

It's a good marketing game to get people to join their orgainzation. It's just not my kind of thing. So No, I'm not going.

BayRoan
May. 24, 2010, 03:20 PM
I considered participating until I learned that ACTHA had partnered with HSUS. I am definitely NOT interested in supporting any organization affiliated with an animal rights PAC.

analise
May. 24, 2010, 03:33 PM
I would've been more interested in participating if they said what charities "across the US" they were donating to.

CosMonster
May. 24, 2010, 05:36 PM
Hmm, I had been planning on attending but I certainly don't want to contribute to the HSUS. I think I'm going to contact them to see what organizations in specific they're giving to.

Drive NJ
May. 25, 2010, 10:14 AM
A local trail advocate has been writing them re connection with HSUS. First note had an HSUS guy responding with how wonderful they were.

Impression is that the money will go to the charities through HSUS and NOT that the trails group in each area would be riding for a local rescue or that several nationwide would benefit by combining ride income.

Since Sue has been writing, the HSUS connection has been downplayed, but I believe is still there.

Heart's Journey
May. 25, 2010, 12:08 PM
One of the trail riding clubs I belong to is hosting a ride and the money is going to the local ASPCA group down here.