PDA

View Full Version : Ankle Boots or Fetlock Rings

Finn2010
May. 17, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am new here and have a quick question. My horse, an OTTB, is kicking the inside of his left ankle with his right hoof/shoe. So, I was advised to get some fetlock rings, but it seems they are not very popular. It appears that they may only protect the pastern, with no protection to the ankle itself. So, what does everyone think? Should I get some ankle boots to protect the ankle, expecting him to continue to kick himself or should I get the fetlock rings in hopes of correcting the movement and also protecting the ankle?
Any thoughts would be great!

Thanks!

To the MAX
May. 17, 2010, 12:18 PM
Doesn't it depend on where he's hitting himself? If it's on the ankle as it seems to be from your post, then get him ankle boots. They both protect different areas so I'm not really sure what you're having trouble deciding?

Finn2010
May. 17, 2010, 12:46 PM
He is hitting his ankle, but someone told me the fetlock rings would be better than the ankle boots, it didn't make sense to me, that's why I thought I would get some opinions elsewhere :)
So, I guess you think the ankle boot would be better (as do I), I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something regarding the fetlock rings....