PDA

View Full Version : Before I go out an spend the money on these: Roeckl Solar Riding Gloves?

equidae
May. 16, 2010, 08:54 PM
http://www.vtosaddlery.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RSG

So, living in Florida I already have 'glove tan lines' and it isn't even summer yet.. I've had people ask me if I play golf because my hands are white but my arms a dark! I was wondering if anyone has tried these with or without success?

Or, does anyone have any suggestions for 'sun tan' gloves that won't cause tan lines?? I have a pair of mesh topped gloves (I think HK?) that did nothing to help tan lines. I want something that actually works!

Help! (AT the moment I have Oompa-Loompa orange hands from trying to 'fix' the problem myself with self tanner :lol:)

Courbet
May. 16, 2010, 08:57 PM
The only thing I can think of is bathing in sunscreen. Fends off cancer AND tan lines :winkgrin: But I'm not sure I'd believe that my hands could tan through a glove.

equidae
May. 16, 2010, 09:08 PM
The only thing I can think of is bathing in sunscreen. Fends off cancer AND tan lines :winkgrin: But I'm not sure I'd believe that my hands could tan through a glove.

Ha! Well, yea, that works too. But it's a bit late for that! Plus- I still tan even with SPF!

And forget ever riding without gloves- Insta-blisters w/in 5 minutes! (And my horse is not a puller..)

southern
May. 17, 2010, 06:06 AM
I have used them in the summer and they work pretty well. You may still see a little difference between the tan on your hands versus your arms but not nearly as bad the difference you have when you wear regular gloves.

Woodsperson
May. 17, 2010, 10:51 AM
They work pretty well and are cooler than regular gloves, but they don't hold up too well. I tore mine to pieces.

WishIWereRiding
May. 17, 2010, 10:59 AM
I had a pair in black, and they tore within a couple of weeks (and I was only riding 1 horse, maybe 5x/week). I returned them to Beval where I bought them, and used the credit on something else.

toomanyponies
May. 17, 2010, 11:47 PM
Wear super lightweight long sleeve shirts. . . .

MTshowjumper
May. 18, 2010, 03:50 PM
I bought a pair and they tore within 3 rides. Good idea, but these gloves were origionaly designed for cycling, and they did not make them tough enough to hold up to ridding. I returned mine.

poltroon
May. 18, 2010, 03:59 PM
Better glove tan lines than liver spots or carcinoma on your hands.