PDA

View Full Version : My daughter got her first pair of tall boots today....

skyy
May. 16, 2010, 08:01 PM
Although she's still on a pony, she's not a little girl any more and that makes me sad. It also makes me very proud to see the thinking, feeling horse person that she has become. In the horse world she is now much more my peer and although she is only 12, we can have intelligent conversations about training issues and she offers insight into problems that I have with my horse. I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to share my love of horses with her.

Courbet
May. 16, 2010, 09:28 PM
Congratulations to your daughter! :) It's nice to hear that you can share your love of horses with her.

Hunter Mom
May. 16, 2010, 09:34 PM
What a big day! Isn't it wonderful to share a passion with your daughter?

BTW - Photos??

blackcat95
May. 16, 2010, 09:36 PM
Congrats! But remember, be prepared for complaints of how much the boots hurt to break in... :winkgrin:

frisco1
May. 16, 2010, 10:32 PM
My daughter, who is also 12, asked for tall boots for her birthday.

I love to go to shows with her. It is a lot more work to keeping track of her as well as my own to do list, but I love every second of it, even when she critiques my rounds :)

We get a lot of comments when I am on my 17 hand grey (white) horse and she is on her 13 h grey( white) pony. She just beams with pride (so do I). It is quite a sight.

congrats on moving into the world of tall boots :)

Platinum Equestrian
May. 17, 2010, 10:26 AM
frisco, After that description of you and your daughter, on your horse / pony, I know I can't be the only one that would love to see a pic. Sounds just adorable. You must be super proud. ;)