PDA

View Full Version : Tell me all about EQ

electric stride
May. 15, 2010, 07:53 AM
I'm thinking about switching from Hunters to EQ and was looking for any information people could give me.

xxreddxheaddxx
May. 15, 2010, 07:59 AM
ummmm well basically similar principles. in flat classes you sit the canter, no more under saddles! haha. its basically "tighter courses" like with roll backs and such. judged more on you than your horse.

Hunter Mom
May. 15, 2010, 05:31 PM
You're supposed to be able to maintain your position while effectively navigating a course with some questions. Ideally, an eq horse will have a jump that allows you to maintain a lovely position while being brave to the jump. In real life, many use their hunter or jumper for eq.

Courses will nto be the outside-diagonal types typical in hunters. You'll see bending lines, turns, combinations, etc. You may also have to do no-stirrup work, sitting trots, hand gallops, trot fences, oral questions and the like, especially in a ride-off. In a flat class, you want to keep a bit of contact with the mouth and will ride a full-seat at the canter.

What level of eq are you talking about? Regular, age eq or medal type of classes. Local or rated?