PDA

View Full Version : What liability insurance companies do you use?

Hunterlover
May. 14, 2010, 07:51 AM
I was wondering about liability insurance - who has the best rates?

englishivy
May. 14, 2010, 08:12 AM
That's a pretty loaded question as everyone's rates will vary depending upon the state they live in. Just like car insurance or home owner's insurance, if your state has a lot of claims, you will pay more in premiums.

It depends upon if you teach mostly camps and lessons or do more boarding or freelance training. Pony parties and trail rides....yeah, your insurance (if you can get it) will be outrageous. It's just too complicated to say "who's cheapest".

Not to mention, cheap isn't always better.

If you are on a fishing expedition for liability insurance companies names, then I can tell you I work for C Jarvis Insurance Agency. I believe Markel does liability as well, but don't quote me on it. I'm not sure who else is out there b/c I get my own farm insured by my company.

Montanas_Girl
May. 14, 2010, 07:42 PM
I am not a professional, but one of the main reasons I keep my USEF membership current is for the personal liability insurance they provide (through Equisure). I have no idea how that policy does/doesn't apply to professionals, though.

sptraining
May. 15, 2010, 08:28 PM
Second Equisure. So far I haven't had to use them for a claim (KNOCK WOOD!!), but I like dealing with them.

chunky munky
May. 15, 2010, 08:37 PM
I don't think you can judge a company well until you have gone through a claim with them. Rates may be a way to sell themselves, but service is how they can really be judged. That being said, I have never used Equisure but would love to hear about any one's experiences with claims with any company.