PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Barn in or near Wilmington, DE,?

Release First
May. 14, 2010, 03:52 AM
An old client contacted me and said she is moving to work to Wilmington, DE, and did I know of an barns near there. She has been living in NYC and has not been riding but rides with me when she comes back to CA. Do any of you have any suggestions for her? She is a nice rider and a lovely girl.

Heineken
May. 14, 2010, 09:27 AM
Look up the threads about Chester County PA. Wilmington is an easy drive to most barns south of Philly.

TeamBrickman
May. 14, 2010, 10:52 AM
There are few, if any, lesson barns left in Wilmington itself (suburbia encroached, sadly) but the beauty of the place is that it's still smack dab in the middle of horse country, and convenient to a LOT of barns.

Southern Chester County is a good option, as long as she looks in real SOUTH Chester County-- she could be facing an hour + drive to some of the more northern parts, especially during high traffic times. There are also a ton of barns surrounding Fair Hill, which is a very reasonable drive, as well. Finally, there are a few barns in Southern New Castle County that might be good options as well.

A huge part of her decision, though, is going to depend on exactly where in Wilmington she is living and working. The city is actually bigger than people tend to give it credit for, and it is right in the middle of the Northeast corridor, which means traffic and travel time is always an issue. My recommendations would be very different if she were working in the city and living in Middletown, versus living in Hockessin, versus living in Newark, for example.

With more information regarding her interests, riding level, and where she'll actually be, I can probably give more specific recommendations. Feel free to PM if you're more comfortable with that.

`reppy
May. 15, 2010, 09:41 AM
www.integrityfarms.net -- its about a half hour drive from Wilmington.

gzeegirl
May. 15, 2010, 11:50 AM
Vicmead Hunt Club is in Greenville, DE. It's just north of Wilmington and close to Hockessin. Laurie Jakubauskus and her staff are wonderful teachers. Highly recommended.

eqinegirl
May. 15, 2010, 02:20 PM
Wellspring Farm in Bellevue State Park. Bellevue is just barely out of the city of Wilm. It is located right off of the Marsh Rd exit from I95. There is a large group of friendly adults that ride there, some with their own horses & some do not.
The number for the barn is 302-798-2407

Release First
May. 15, 2010, 09:23 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies. I have forwarded them and I will let you know if things work out.