PDA

View Full Version : Green Pony Hunter Question

pictureit
May. 13, 2010, 11:41 PM
Can you reinstate green status on a green year pony that has done the regular ponies as well?

Kikki
May. 14, 2010, 12:28 AM
Yes, it can be reinstated but the pony must not have shown in the greens or the regulars more than three times before May 15 according to the rules.

HU105 Green Status – Reinstatement.
1. A horse’s or pony’s green status may be reinstated for a future competition year if it was
not shown at the regulation height at more than three (3) competitions prior to May 15th and
if it was not shown at that height after May 15th in the same year.
a. The Federation recorded owner must submit a letter requesting green reinstatement
via certified/return receipt mail, which must reach the Federation office on or before
November 30th of the year of withdrawal. The request must be made during the year in
which green status was broken.
b. A $25 processing fee, a list of competitions with dates where the horse or pony competed
at its regulation or higher, the horse’s or pony’s name and Federation recording
number must accompany the green reinstatement request.
c. At the time of request, the horse or pony must stop competing over fences its
respective height or higher for the remainder of that competition year.
d. If the horse or pony is not actively recorded at the time of request, it must be
recorded/renewed at that time. Failure to do so will result in the horse or pony losing its
green status. The owner will receive a letter indicating the horse’s or pony’s green eligibility.
e. A Green Reinstatement will only be granted one time for first year horses and one
time for second year horses and one time for ponies.
f. In the event an owner of a horse is not satisfied with the decision, they may submit a
written appeal to be heard by the Federation Hearing Committee at a $100 appeal fee.
An owner of a pony may submit a written appeal free of charge. An appeal does not
guarantee the reinstatement will be granted.

MHM
May. 14, 2010, 12:47 AM
That seems odd that an appeal is free on a pony, but costs $100 on a horse.

pictureit
May. 14, 2010, 07:46 AM
Thank you. I've had two people tell me I cannot reinstate green status once the pony has done the regulars as well, but like you I am not seeing that in the rule book.

pictureit
May. 14, 2010, 11:27 AM
Also wondering for resale value... how bad does it look to reinstate a ponies green? Would this effect ability to sell at a good price?

STA
May. 14, 2010, 11:37 PM
If the pony is competitive, it might make him/her more valuable.

Kikki
May. 15, 2010, 02:41 AM
Depends on why it was reinstated... I'd worry about injury or that he was not ready for the greens.