PDA

View Full Version : Vermont

nails
May. 13, 2010, 04:31 PM
Hope you all can help. This will be my first (I hope) time going to the Vermont Shows. Since you are so great w/sharing info I have a few questions:

1-is it to late to get stalls?

2-Recommendations for places to stay. On the nicer side but not the Equinox level.

3-I know rain is an issue, how about temps?

4-Is it possible to get help to work for the weeks you are there?

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I guess the most important question is #1.

NYCGIRL
May. 13, 2010, 04:58 PM
I bet you can still get stalls I think some weeks are harder then others. I would reccomend staying at the Inn at Willow Pond it is two mins from horse show and is on the nicer side but not the Equinox. Also look into renting a house if you are going for multiple weeks. A lot of people do that and

supershorty628
May. 13, 2010, 06:02 PM
I stay at the Toll Road Motor Inn every year, it is WONDERFUL and much cheaper than most places up there! As for temps, bring a fleece; it's usually cold in the morning, but it's in the 70s, 80s, or even 90s during the day.

nails
May. 14, 2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the prompt answers! I am so looking forward to going to Vermont. Have been trying for years. Very excited!! Any other info you wish to share would be great.

Lexus
May. 14, 2010, 12:28 PM
This will be my third year going to Vermont. We usually stay for 2 weeks. First year we rented a house up past Bromley which was way to far. Last year we stayed at the Toll Road and loved it (gotta agree with Supershorty)!!! I'd stay there again but we had the opportunity this year to rent a house 2 minutes from the show so we're trying that.

I would say to be prepared for all kinds of weather. Last year we were wearing winter jackets, fleece and turtlenecks on the 4th of July. I've been there when it's hot and sunny but it inevitably rains (downpours) a few days a week.

I asked for an extra stall last year during week 1 for the week 2 show, so I would think you could probably get stalls. The office people are very nice.

heartinrye
May. 14, 2010, 12:41 PM
Weeks 1&2 and usually 6 are easy to get, 3,4 & 5 are always the busiest.

bascher
May. 15, 2010, 12:46 AM
We go weeks 3, 4, and 5, which I think will be hard to get stalls for at this point. I've heard great things about the Toll House, but we personally rent a small house or cottage because we are there for awhile and my mom wants a kitchen haha.