PDA

View Full Version : Great Deal on Coats

Life is Good 2
May. 13, 2010, 12:52 PM
Tack of the day has a great deal on hunt coats today. Always good to have a spare for these rain soaked shows.

hb
May. 13, 2010, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know how those Wellington coats fit? Should I order 2 sizes bigger than my dress size like most hunt coats or are they truly fit to size like one of the reviews on Dover? Thanks!

Mayaty02
May. 13, 2010, 01:06 PM
well the size chart is crazy that they posted on TOTD but I went with it, since I know they can run big. I wear a 14 in an Ariat and so i compared the measurements and come out to a 10 US in their sizing (talk about vanity sizing!), so I ordered that one, I am hoping it fits, but if not, up to sale on ebay it will go :)

Life is Good 2
May. 13, 2010, 01:07 PM
I took a leap of faith and ordered a 4, in a GP i would get a 12slim. If it doesn't work someone in the barn will fit in it and they will get a good deal.

magmir
May. 13, 2010, 01:16 PM
Huh - I just called Dover to see what size chart they had, and in US sizing they said they actually tend to run very small - according to their chart, an 8 is a 32.5 bust and 30 inch waist, and a ten is a 34.75 bust and 31 inch waist. It sounds like they have a very boxy fit.

Mayaty02
May. 13, 2010, 01:20 PM
Huh - I just called Dover to see what size chart they had, and in US sizing they said they actually tend to run very small - according to their chart, an 8 is a 32.5 bust and 30 inch waist, and a ten is a 34.75 bust and 31 inch waist. It sounds like they have a very boxy fit.

That's not at all what the size chart on TOTD says...that 8 would be a US0 according to that chart.

I figured it was worth a try....I would hope that it's not dramatically different than the measurements they gave. I know that my daugher had a Wellington "full size" coat ordered directly from Wellington that came in the other day and she would honestly need to go down 2 sizes to get something that fit her. Meanwhile, she tried a Wellington normal show coat at Dover and fit into her "normal" size.

socrjul
May. 24, 2010, 12:31 PM
Bump for those who ordered....

"running small" for the platinum would be a huge understatement :no: time to visit ebay...

Mayaty02
May. 24, 2010, 12:56 PM
Bump for those who ordered....

"running small" for the platinum would be a huge understatement :no: time to visit ebay...

Haven't received mine yet but that would just suck if that's the case. i went by the meausurements, which TOTH clearly said to do. They must have been incorrect if the coats are not fitting as expected. They shoudl allow for returns for false advertising.

Mayaty02
May. 24, 2010, 03:47 PM
Got mine, not the Platinum but the Cloudburst. Fit isn't bad, it's a teeny tiny bit too small across the bust. According to the measurements it should have been perfect across the chest, but I did try it with a loose fitting polo and not my sports bra....

HenryisBlaisin'
May. 24, 2010, 06:44 PM
I got mine too (the one in "cloudburst". It is LOVELY) but I have to opposite problem. I measured according to the chart AND another chart for Wellington I found. It's HUGE. At least a size too big; more like two. I may see about having it taken in, but I'm afraid it might be too big even for that, especially in the shoulders (which, ironically, is exactly where I worried about it being too small...

Mayaty02
May. 24, 2010, 07:11 PM
I got mine too (the one in "cloudburst". It is LOVELY) but I have to opposite problem. I measured according to the chart AND another chart for Wellington I found. It's HUGE. At least a size too big; more like two. I may see about having it taken in, but I'm afraid it might be too big even for that, especially in the shoulders (which, ironically, is exactly where I worried about it being too small...

yeah you HAD to go with the chart on TOTD, not any of the others you could find at Dover etc. What size do you have and what do you need :) Maybe we can organize some COTH swaps!

Fun Size
May. 24, 2010, 11:57 PM
Tack of the Day? I just found the site. Gee, thanks, I really needed another place to buy tack from :)

I'm going to end up on the "tackaholics" thread because of this new one!

socrjul
May. 25, 2010, 12:26 PM
The chart on TOTD indicated that I was a size 0. Used the same size measurements for everything else I've bought... ordered up a size to compensate for a "tighter" fit. Ordered a size 2, and it would be the equivalent of a 000 if there is such a thing- it would fit a 10 y/o child (maybe). Height/Sleeves were normal. I'd need a 6 or 8 before even getting close to fitting in the shoulders/bust (and saying I'm a 32 AA would be gracious).

Life is Good 2
May. 25, 2010, 03:57 PM
I just got mine,a black, and it is too small!!!! The measurements don't come close. I really like the coat and would love to have it in an 8. The 4 is so small across the chest that my daughter can't button it. She wears a 2 in street clothes and those are roomy. What a disappointment. Anyone need to trade?

analise
May. 25, 2010, 10:29 PM
I bought two of these coats, the Cloudburst and the Platinum one. Both are listed as the same size. The Cloudburst fits me well. The Platinum? WAY too small across the bust, I couldn't even begin to button it.

sar2008
May. 26, 2010, 07:20 AM
I bought two of these coats, the Cloudburst and the Platinum one. Both are listed as the same size. The Cloudburst fits me well. The Platinum? WAY too small across the bust, I couldn't even begin to button it.

I ordered the Platinum and the same thing happened to me, I measured according to fit guidelines and ordered what seemed appropriate--a size bigger actually. TOO SMALL :cry:

I was bummed....off to ebay I go....

Mayaty02
May. 26, 2010, 07:29 AM
I think it's pretty clear that the sizing chart was only for the cloudburst and the other light color and that the platinum has a diff chart. I know they said no returns but I'd call them and complain that the measurements weren't accurate.

Life is Good 2
Jun. 2, 2010, 12:08 PM
If you bought the Platnium coat and it was too small there is a reason. The manufacturer put the wrong size label in it. TOTD is having the manufacturer exchange for the proper size!!! The size chart was correct. Great customer service from TOTD.

TryMyRules
Jun. 2, 2010, 12:14 PM
I ordered the black one in the size my measurements fit..and its at least 2 sizes too big!!
I dropped it off at a tailor and they said they'd try to get it down to an alright size. I guess we'll see in two weeks!!

PrimoAmor
Aug. 10, 2011, 11:32 AM
They had another deal on Devon-aire coats ending today at noon! I just ordered one. This will be my first hunt coat so I hope to God that it fits!!