PDA

View Full Version : Jumper Attire??

supernova
May. 13, 2010, 12:32 AM
This summer will be my first time showing (semi-)consistently. I've showed at few B rated shows in the childs ponies (not a success to say the least!). Yet, this summer I will be showing in the smaller jumpers (my guess is my trainer won't want to put us in anything more than .80 give or take -- my horse is still very green, as am I!). I'm going to do more schooling shows than rated shows, but I do plan on going to one/two A rated shows! (That is, of course, if everything goes well and I get the money).

Now, this is kinda a personal decision yet what do you (personally) expect to see people ride in in the lower-level jumpers? My trainer is not picky what her students wear in the jumpers (in the hunters/eq thats a different case!). For schooling shows I'm for sure going to wear a conservative-color polo, tan breeches, a belt, my CO and field boots (with my hair back). Would this be ok for an A rated show? I do have a hunt coat and show shirts, though..I'm just wondering to see what people think. I've seen a variety of attire in this area.

indygirl2560
May. 13, 2010, 02:09 AM
I just posted a thread on how my new trainer will kill anyone who shows up in a polo! The outfit you described sounds fine for a low level show. I've seen plenty of people at A's show in polos, but I do think a hunt coat looks nicer at the higher levels....

SkipChange
May. 13, 2010, 08:08 AM
Mid-week for A shows I think a polo can be OK, its often, but not always, just 'training' rounds where a clear round gets you a blue ribbon. If weather appropriate, I always wear my show coat, even early in the week. Definitely wear a coat if you're in any classics but if coats are waived and its bloody hot, I think a show shirt sans coat looks nice or back to a nice polo.

Pictures and video look infinitely nicer when dressed in a show coat. Some of the cutest pictures of my horse I'm not wearing a hunt coat and it makes me so mad!

NorthFaceFarm
May. 13, 2010, 12:41 PM
If you're showing .80 you're fine in a fitted polo, tan breeches, and boots, no matter what level the show is. I would wear a shirt and jacket for the A shows though just to get some nice photos with the pretty jumps :)

Anyplace Farm
May. 14, 2010, 10:36 AM
Because I'm a freak, I'd still show up in show shirt, hunt coat. Regardless of the level of the show, my level of showmanship never changes. That way, when what you consider to be your big day comes along, it is just another day for you in terms of prep and so forth. Treat every show like it is your and your horse's big day and big results will become routine for you.

jumpingmaya
May. 14, 2010, 10:41 AM
Treat every show like it is your and your horse's big day and big results will become routine for you.

LOVE this... Great advice!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: