PDA

View Full Version : Farm in Pinellas FL

4ponies
May. 11, 2010, 04:15 PM
Does anyone know anything about three arrows farm in Pinellas Park for boarding / lessons?

heatherny2
May. 11, 2010, 08:47 PM
I don't think I've ever heard of it. I board in Largo. Do you know who the BM or trainer is?

Hunterlover17
May. 12, 2010, 10:58 AM
Not to hack the thread but, where in Largo are you? Is it just a boarding barn or is there a trainer? My father and brother live in Largo and for the past several years I've contemplated moving down to the area. New England winters are wearing me down. I know of several quality barns north of Tampa but couldn't find any near Largo.

Any suggestions would be most appreciative!!

jumpingmaya
May. 12, 2010, 11:11 AM
Never heard of three arrows... and I live in Clearwater.

Currently boarding in Odessa.

Hunterlover 17 - would you mind sharing the quality barns North of Tampa?

Hunterlover17
May. 12, 2010, 12:12 PM
First let me say that I am not very familiar with the horse scene in the Tampa area which is why I'm looking for more info. When I did my research awhile back, I searched barns around Largo and Inverness areas (dad owns land in Inverness). There were several farms closer to Inverness which is waaay north of Tampa (closer to Ocala) but found slim pickings near Largo.

The only trainer I've found outside of Tampa is Keith Powell in Lutz and Georgann Powers in Pinellas Park. How long is your drive from Clearwater to Odessa?

Feel free to privately email me with any suggestions/comments. Where I live currently, I drive 60 minutes one way to the farm. If I make the move, I was hoping for a lesser commute time.

heatherny2
May. 12, 2010, 01:20 PM
I board at a small barn in Largo, there is never an empty stall. It is a mix of people, some just trail, some Western, some hunter/jumpers (maybe 3 of us and 2 are teens), some saddleseat. My mother trains the hunter/jumpers, and there is a saddleseat trainer there, but the others don't really have a trainer there. There are actually a lot of barns around the area, but I don't know too much about them, and it depends what you are looking for. Our barn is at the very end of the Walsingham equestrian trail. I live in Palm Harbor and it takes me 30-45 min to get to the barn. I would much rather have my horse closer, but right now I can't afford to move him.