PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever used a Mikmar jointed pelham?

pixie
May. 11, 2010, 09:25 AM
Just wondering if this will help the large pony that I have who really likes the Mikmar jointed full cheek but it does not slow her down enough when she jumps. I would like to put her in the Hunter and Equitation rings.
Thoughts?

mypaintwattie
May. 11, 2010, 12:16 PM
I have the combo bit and the regular slanted mouthpiece pelham- my mare likes the combo bit but is just okay in the pelham- I bet she would go better in the regular mouth though. I've never tried the jointed snaffles, but actually have my eye on the D-Ring right now to try.

2foals
May. 11, 2010, 09:08 PM
I have the mikmar jointed pelham...it will really back a horse off. I like it for softening a somewhat bullish horse. I find that it is too much bit to ride in every day, but it is a nice bit when you need it. The mikmar bits are pricey, could you find someone to borrow it from to try first?

pixie
May. 12, 2010, 08:44 AM
2foals.....I would love to borrow one or buy one used....anyone?

jewll27
May. 12, 2010, 08:59 AM
started with it on my guy when we switched over to the pellham and it wasnt enough so we switched to the straight bar pellham (just pointing out, my guy is a big, beastly TB whos over 17h and went like a freight train). He loved his mikmar though, it worked really really well for him.