PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone recognize this horse?

Xanthoria
May. 10, 2010, 07:43 PM
We just bought him, but he didn't have any background info. All we were told was:

"Armani"
About 12 years old
Dutch (?)
16.2-16.3hh
Dark bay, three socks, blaze
Was used as a jumper school horse a year or so ago, around Menlo Park perhaps? Loves to jump!

Photo here: linky (http://lh5.ggpht.com/_u34vKF2kDAQ/S92YDYB-tGI/AAAAAAAAB_E/XvfvSZcc4_E/s640/IMG_2514.jpg)

Curently located in California.

Does anyone recognize him? Thanks for any leads! He's a good boy :)

Xanthoria
May. 11, 2010, 01:39 PM
bump - apparently he was a school horse at Glen Oaks Equestrian Center in Portola Valley. Anyone remember him then, or before that?

skibum
May. 11, 2010, 01:59 PM
I rode him a couple of times at glenoaks! He was very nice - very responsive. I don't know where he came from before that. And I know he hasn't been there since about last summer.

Xanthoria
May. 11, 2010, 02:03 PM
Cool! Did you post on BAEN, by the way? Someone there tipped me off to the Glen Oaks connection.

Do you remember anything else about him at all?

He has a home with us for life, so we'd just like to fill in the blanks for the sake of health issues, little phobias he may have, that sort of thing.

JBCool
May. 11, 2010, 02:04 PM
I don't know him but just wanted to say I sure like him! :)

Xanthoria
May. 11, 2010, 02:08 PM
Awww, thanks! He's a sweetie, and he has the most magnificent tail ;) Can't wait to put some weight and muscle on him and see what he can do! He's a good little jumper.

skibum
May. 11, 2010, 02:21 PM
No, I didn't post anywhere else. Must've been somebody else. I only rode him maybe two or three times because he wasn't sound very often. I don't know exactly what the problem was (I think it was on his right side though)...but I imagine that is why he isn't a school horse anymore. Sorry I can't help you more. Glad he found a forever home!

Xanthoria
May. 11, 2010, 02:23 PM
oh great. Well he has a chip in his right hock that according to the vet doesn't bother him... *sigh*

skibum
May. 11, 2010, 02:31 PM
I didn't mean to discourage you :( Having only one more advanced rider could be all he needs! And he was lovely when I did ride him! Keep us updated.

MHM
May. 11, 2010, 03:35 PM
You might want to edit the thread title to include his previous location. You may get more responses that way.