PDA

View Full Version : Saddle suggestions-- Crosby Equillibrium?

jrzeqrider
May. 10, 2010, 06:35 PM
Im sorry for another one of these threads, but I need some helping looking for a saddle. I am selling my Nona Gason Elite at Rick's Saddlery in PA. They priced it at 2800 bucks, so I'm hoping I'll get that for it and put it towards a "new" used saddle. If I can spend closer to 1800 that would be great though, I've been eyeing those Ariat Monacos...

The problem I was having with my Nona is that it put be to forward in my seat. It was a forward flap which has not helped my leg. I've been riding in my trainer's Crosby Equillibrium since I got rid of the Nona, and really like it, but I don't think the leg flap is long enough.. er, I know it isn't, my knee goes off the saddle. So any suggestions on another saddle to consider? I like the flatter seat of the Crosby compared to the Prestige, so thats the main thing I'm looking for. Thank you!!

LARGEBORE
May. 11, 2010, 10:32 AM
Are you referring to the new Crosby's or the Old ones ?

Melzy
May. 11, 2010, 01:58 PM
I have an older 17" Crosby Equilibrium. Excellent saddle. PM me for details.

alto
May. 11, 2010, 04:40 PM
Apparantly Crosby will reproduce any saddle ever made (even oldies) so you could look into that if your trainer's saddle really suits you & your horse, but likely NOT for $1800 - tho you never know in the current economy ...

jrzeqrider
May. 12, 2010, 03:36 PM
Trainer's is an older Crosby I would assume.. I think she's had it for at least 10 years. Thanks for the suggestions. :)