PDA

View Full Version : Lexington Spring Encore Hunter Derby

Sara Lieser
May. 8, 2010, 01:40 PM
Want to see some gorgeous photos? Check out staff writer Mollie Bailey's photo gallery of the Chronicle of the Horse/USHJA International Hunter Derby at the Lexington Spring Encore. http://bit.ly/dw7lX6

alteringwego
May. 10, 2010, 03:28 PM
beautiful pictures- thanks for posting!

JBCool
May. 11, 2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the photos! Anyone know where I could find a first round order of go? I took some video :) but I don't remember who all the horses are that I taped. :uhoh: TIA.

savvy9
May. 11, 2010, 01:07 PM
I was there and watched - what a great class. The weather was perfect, the course was gorgeous and the horses went really well for the most part. Jason Berry rode so well in both trips and really nailed the handy trip. The whole audience was holding its breath for the hometown favorite to finish his trips and then erupted in cheers after the last fence. What fun!

JBCool
May. 11, 2010, 01:50 PM
Yep. Way to go Jason! I cheered like it was a high school football game (with better looking players) when he landed his last jump. I LOVED how, as the handy round went on, it got quieter and quieter to see if he'd pull it off!

JBCool
May. 11, 2010, 01:51 PM
I had a great time; was really glad I begged off work early. HEHE

scotchie
May. 12, 2010, 06:53 AM
It was so great to watch! My trainer had two in the class. He was the first to try an tight inside turn in the first round. His horse tried hard but this was his first time doing something like this and the tight roll back threw him a tad and he had a bad fence. It was too bad because the rest of the course was nice. One of our Jr. riders, Savannah Jenkins took a try -she did a wonderful job! (there's a fabulous picture of her on the COTH picture link in this thread). Jason really stepped it up in the Handy class!

NorthFaceFarm
May. 12, 2010, 02:05 PM
It was so great to watch! My trainer had two in the class. He was the first to try an tight inside turn in the first round. His horse tried hard but this was his first time doing something like this and the tight roll back threw him a tad and he had a bad fence. It was too bad because the rest of the course was nice. One of our Jr. riders, Savannah Jenkins took a try -she did a wonderful job! (there's a fabulous picture of her on the COTH picture link in this thread). Jason really stepped it up in the Handy class!

Sorry to threadjack, do you know where Savannah's large pony is these days?

scotchie
May. 12, 2010, 02:27 PM
PM sent