PDA

View Full Version : what do we think of the navy GR8s?

Mayaty02
May. 8, 2010, 09:07 AM
Found a CO GR8 in Navy with Charcoal in my size, barely used and very inexpensive. I may be stepping back into the show ring a little tiny bit this year (not rated) and am considering whether or I should get it as my show helmet. I do have a navy show coat.

What do we think of the navy color for showing? ETA this would be hunters and/or adult eq type stuff.

TSWJB
May. 8, 2010, 09:17 AM
i bought a dark navy GPA helmet because it was on sale and fit. usually they are not on sale. anyway it looks mostly dark. sometimes you can see a hint of navy blue but for the most part it just looks dark. if your hat is really blue looking i am not so sure. but i tend to not care. my other GPA is dark gray. so neither hat is black. you can always dye the hat. i met someone on coth who told me how to dye the hat if i changed my mind about blue. but i like the navy color.

Mayaty02
May. 8, 2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks, this is what it looks like. i saw them last week at a show and liked them, but I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb :)

http://www.smartpakequine.com/ProductClass.aspx?productclassid=2415

flyracing
May. 8, 2010, 11:41 AM
Ooh, if you don't buy it and it's a 7, please send it my way. I want a navy one so bad, but I already have a black one (it was a Christmas gift, so I didn't choose the color). I think navy and navy is very classy... you know it looks good when most people don't notice it at first:cool:

Piadosa
May. 8, 2010, 01:30 PM
I have an all navy Gr8 and I love it. I havent seen anyone else in my area with one. Its special but not too flashy. Lovelovelove it!

I wore it when showing my old jumper, now that I have a hunter I may invest in an all black Gr8 or a plain GPA, not sure if I'm brave enough to wear navy on my head in the hunter ring!

Spooks
May. 8, 2010, 02:17 PM
I have that one! I use it in Adult Hunter and Eq. and I think it looks quite nice. I have a navy coat, and my horse is bay, so the look overall is good I think. There are a few people in my region who wear one. Here is a picture:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/harderea/_MG_0256-ok.jpg

indygirl2560
May. 8, 2010, 07:47 PM
I personally don't like it. I've only seen it at a show once and it looked hideous. I could see it's super bright color from several rings away! I'd pass....

PletchersMom
May. 8, 2010, 08:59 PM
Spooks!!! I love the blue helmet and blue jacket. You ROCK!!
I was un-sure of it, until your pic. :)

Seven
May. 8, 2010, 09:45 PM
I like it. :cool:

That's a great pic, Spooks!

RugBug
May. 9, 2010, 01:02 AM
Mayaty, in my profile pic, I'm wearing a navy helmet (IRH..but still). It is my "short hair" helmet. I think it looks just fine....and if it fits the budget, who cares? People are paying $500 for "faded" brown helmets, what difference should it make? I say go for it....

crazyhorses
May. 9, 2010, 05:04 PM
I'm personally not a fan of navy. Never have liked the color, actually lol. But I wouldn't like, gawk or laugh at anyone who wore one.

monalisa
May. 10, 2010, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know where you can buy the black ones with brown in the middle? I saw one the other day and loved it. Never seen one in a store though.

Phaxxton
May. 10, 2010, 08:50 AM
Does anyone know where you can buy the black ones with brown in the middle? I saw one the other day and loved it. Never seen one in a store though.

You can order them custom at SmartPak: http://www.smartpakequine.com/productclass.aspx?productClassid=6935

I love the Navy GR8 - have seen a few at my barn. I wouldn't ever buy a used helmet, though. I'm way too paranoid about that and would never trust that it wasn't in a fall. I would, however, wear a navy GR8. I think they are sharp looking. :yes:

Spooks
May. 10, 2010, 09:35 AM
One thing I forgot to mention (but which you can see in the picture I posted) is that I do avoid mixing other colors into the outfit. I would not, for instance, wear a pink shirt with the blue coat and blue helmet because it starts to look too "colorful". I stick to a white shirt, or a pale blue one. If I am planning to wear a pink shirt with a navy coat, I will wear a black helmet. Both of my show coats are blue...if I had a brown or other color coat I probably would not do the blue helmet.

Like I said, it is a pretty popular helmet here. I show in the AA hunters and there are a bunch of us with the blue helmet. If blue is a good color for you and your horse, it looks really nice.

touchstone-
May. 10, 2010, 11:52 AM
Love love love the navy helmet. I had a navy GPA, once upon a time, and adored it. I am saving up for a navy GR8.

Mayaty02
May. 10, 2010, 11:53 AM
Love love love the navy helmet. I had a navy GPA, once upon a time, and adored it. I am saving up for a navy GR8.

well if you happen to wear a 6 7/8 I can tell you where to get one cheap :)