Auventera Two
May. 7, 2010, 10:25 AM
Photos removed. Thanks all! :)

ChocoMare
May. 7, 2010, 10:27 AM
Awwwwww, how fab for both of ya's! :D

Zu Zu
May. 7, 2010, 10:28 AM
So sorry about your beloved, Libbey ~ healing Jingles on the way.
Congratulations on Amadeus ~ he is handsome ~ will help you through your greiving process. Enjoy!

Rodeio
May. 7, 2010, 10:57 AM
Pretty brave to buy him sight unseen!

ChocoMare
May. 7, 2010, 10:58 AM
Rodeio: that's how I bought my Penny mare.... best thing I ever did :D (but, it is not for the feint of heart ;))

Leather
May. 7, 2010, 04:28 PM
Very cool!

What's his registered name, so I can be nosy and check out his breeding. :lol:

Huntertwo
May. 7, 2010, 05:05 PM
So sorry to hear about the loss of your Libbey. Perhaps this is just the guy you need to help get you through her loss.

Very handsome (love the dapples:)) and boy do they look alike!

Bank of Dad
May. 7, 2010, 08:59 PM
Sorry to hear about Libby. I got my tied for first place bestest QH mare sight unseen. Course, she was already broke. Took a while to settle in and she was bombproof. Bred her to a Crabbett stud and got the most beautiful filly. Its a killer to see them age and leave us.

Cindyg
May. 7, 2010, 11:37 PM
Wow. The color match on the two horses really is amazing! (And lovely!)

INoMrEd
May. 7, 2010, 11:56 PM
I understand the agony you went through having to say farewell to Libbey. Your love for Amadeus will help you with the healing process!

tpup
May. 8, 2010, 07:47 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Libbey. Amadeus is adorable!! It sounds like a perfect match. Good luck with him and post more pics when he arrives!! :)

lawndart
May. 8, 2010, 09:41 AM
Sorry about Libbey.

He is a good looking boy!! I wish you many years of pleasure with him.

Bigblackdraft
May. 10, 2010, 09:26 AM
Which pic is current? The first one shows him as overweight and the second he's got a roach back. Hope you can find a middle ground. Pretty color though.

RidingAllDay
May. 10, 2010, 11:49 PM
I'm curious about why you would put to sleep a supposed "paso fino" with a hereditary disease DSLD and go out and get another one?

[edit]

Good luck with the new horse

Huntertwo
May. 11, 2010, 06:20 AM
I'm curious about why you would put to sleep a supposed "paso fino" with a hereditary disease DSLD and go out and get another one?

[edit]

Good luck with the new horse

Just because one has DSLD, doesn't mean they all will have it.

HYPP is heredity in some Quarter Horses and not in many others...
Doesn't mean I'd never purchase a QH.

katarine
May. 11, 2010, 09:56 AM
Someone's bored and hunting an argument and a chance to sling a barb. Don't we get enough honest chances there's no need to hunt for one?

candyappy
May. 11, 2010, 01:48 PM
He has a wonderful face ! Looks kind and intelligent. I don't think you will have any problems with him. i would take a chance on him myself. How exciting !!

shalomypony
May. 11, 2010, 08:32 PM
What a gorgeous boy....as was your mare.I'm sure he will help to fill the hole in your heart........enjoy him,I'm very happy for you!

CosMonster
May. 11, 2010, 10:51 PM
I had a friend who did a very similar thing...purchased a horse sight-unseen off the internet because the photos so strongly resembled her recently (and unexpectedly) deceased horse. It turned out brilliantly, and her new filly really helped her move past the death of her beloved horse. I hope Amadeus will do the same for you. :)

I am sorry to hear about Libbey, too. I remember you mentioning her in various posts and your love for her was evident. It sounds like you had some wonderful times with her, though, and I do hope the pain goes away soon.

Huntertwo
May. 12, 2010, 12:05 PM
My husband said - there are 50 thousand horses in Wisconsin, can't you just PICK ONE here???? :o lol.

Ah, silly husband....lol
Don't they know by now? :winkgrin: