PDA

View Full Version : Colorful Coat Lining - IN or OUT?

The Centaurian
May. 7, 2010, 09:34 AM
Inquiring minds want to know :yes:

Life is Good 2
May. 7, 2010, 09:38 AM
My DD has red lining in her jacket and in or out it is the favorite. Looks great in the pictures when there is a little flip and the red shows. That and zocks are the only fun things so go for it!

heartinrye
May. 7, 2010, 10:52 AM
I have one with bright purple lining that has silver and red polka dots, I don't care if it's in-style or not, I love it and will always wear it ;)

Personal Champ
May. 7, 2010, 11:00 AM
I have a custom Grand Prix, French Blue with a very faint hot pink stripe. I have a hot pink lining. In or out be dammed! I love that coat!

The Centaurian
May. 7, 2010, 03:38 PM
These coats seem pretty popular; I have seen ladies wearing them in jumpers, dressage, and hunters. It's a great look!

:cool:

What about eq classes?

Gideon
May. 7, 2010, 08:16 PM
I just bought a jacket with a light blue lining and it's stunning.:D

CosMonster
May. 7, 2010, 09:03 PM
I don't know if they're in or out but I think they look fantastic. I love those pictures where there is a bit of flip in the tails over the fence and the contrasting lining shows. :)

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
May. 8, 2010, 01:14 AM
I have a black with hot pink lining... navy with a bright blue and grey with a metallicish gold/yellow and a matching faint pinstripe. I LOVE them.

I don't care if it is out. I'll wear it anyway!

Mukluk
May. 8, 2010, 01:28 PM
The title of this post asks a simple question. And the simple answer is that a colorful coat lining should be in, whereas the main coat material is out. Apparently someone is considering the possibility of riding with their hunt coat reversed so that the lining is out and the main coat material is in. Perhaps a bit anti establishment but I guess you can't knock it until you've tried it.

Anyplace Farm
May. 9, 2010, 07:55 AM
I'm one of those weird people that doesn't like to see bright or 'showy' lining. I know, I know - it is weird! But when I see the flip of the coat tail and a bright lining underneath, it ruins the picture for me! Here, you have this stately animal and this traditional clothing and then POW! This shock of pink or what have you... Just doesn't sit right with me.

sopha
May. 9, 2010, 04:03 PM
Mukluk- You would fit in perfectly around here!

superpony123
May. 10, 2010, 11:16 PM
i feel like it doesnt matter too much. i mean, it's lining. i love fun colored lining (i mean, lining, zocks, and sometimes belts are the only ways you can have fun sometimes) i dont think ive ever seen a 'trend' of muted/neutral linings to be honest, but i am only 18. i think most manufacturers just pick out whatever nice color looks good with that color coat. i have a tan coat that has a pretty tannish cream lining, but i cant see anything else looking nice other than perhaps a light cornflower blue. my other coat is a dark charcoal and it has a deep lavender lining, it's really pretty :D

i see 'fun' linings on shadbellys sometimes, and i dont know how to feel about that. mine's just lined in black, and i dont know if i agree with a hot pink lining on tails, but then again i've always wanted a shad with daaaaark wine-red lining, i think that would be so puuuurty :P so i cant say color is always out on shads. i just think the obnoxious bright colors are a bit much