PDA

View Full Version : camping at pony finals

KobeTrixie57
May. 6, 2010, 08:37 PM
:confused: Well she did it, now I have to arrange where and how to stay. Has anyone stayed on the grounds in a camper? Any information will be a huge help. It seems like it would be nice to stay on the grounds. The horse park has a huge camping area. Anyone done this? Advice please? Thanks:)

copper1
May. 7, 2010, 06:54 AM
KHP has a fabulous campground! All the spots are paved, have a tree, a fireplace and picnic table. Camp store, pool and tennis courts in case you have free time!) There is a back road that you can bike or drive to the barns since the ground are about a 1/2 mile away.

ijuba75
May. 7, 2010, 06:59 AM
Camping at the KHP is a great experience. Great facilities, courteous staff, very nice pool area to cool off in after a hot day and Very close to all the action. If you're camping, it's the only way to go in the area.

bf1
May. 7, 2010, 07:15 AM
Absolutely plan on camping - one of the nicest parks anywhere!!! I have even known people to have a local camper brought in and set up for them - so that is another possibility for you.

gasrgoose
May. 7, 2010, 08:11 AM
Haven't stayed, but as the others have said it looks really nice. I would definately spend the extra $ to rent a golf cart. The camp grounds are a good ways from the barns and the ring is in between. Unfortunately they aren't cheap, but well worth it. We loved having one so much last year we ended up buying one.

And bring the bikes for the kids they love biking around, but keep an eye on the bikes. We lost two last year from our barn. Ended up finding one at the sale barn later in the week, I'd like to think someone accidently grabbed the wrong bike. We never found the other bike though, rode through every barn and the entire campground.

Congratulations! Pony finals is a great experience for the kids.

Stono Ferry
May. 7, 2010, 08:44 AM
Better call now to get a spot, one of my customers called to get theirs last week and it is filling up fast

findeight
May. 7, 2010, 09:07 AM
Absolutely, positively HAVE to get that reserved today, they are almost full already. Don't put it off.

Agree with all the others, it's very nice and everybody is very social. You will make some new friends.

Yes, you need a golf cart. It is almost a mile to some of the barns and 1/2 to the rings...with no legal parking for cars anywhere close(And they do give alot of parking tickets). But lots of room for the golf carts. Get a 4 seater with roof, and, again, better call Devers and get that reserved NOW if you want one for the whole show.

Hard to believe it's less then 90 days away.

wolfpackfan
May. 7, 2010, 01:50 PM
So glad I saw this posted....Just made my reservations! They require full payment up front for that week. Be prepared to pay when you call. My daughter is so excited and so am I!!

Anyone know what goes on in the Rider meeting the first night?

Stono Ferry
May. 8, 2010, 10:00 PM
Riders meeting is:
Hey we're glad you're here/congratulations
Please remember these rules
Here is the shedule
Don't forget these rules
Tell you when and where riders can pick up packets

quietly
May. 10, 2010, 09:54 AM
Some Pony Committee members talked about having a second rider meeting on Wednesday this year since the schedule is longer. Agree on the camper spot, have done that before it's fantastic.:yes:

JCoyle
May. 10, 2010, 07:12 PM
We have stayed in the campground for the past 3 years. Our whole barn stays there. Even clients that do not have campers do rent one and has it delivered to the campground. It is the BEST. I love this show, just because of the campground. The kids have a blast, horseless horse jumps set up everywhere, basketball games, swimming. Kids get to run around and be kids. Adults - well, we site around and have our own parties and cook outs. This is the best way to go.

You do need a golf cart. Bike and you will meet the HILL that you have to climb as you go to the barns. Tons of fun. Cool in the evenings - so campfire and smores are a must.

Enjoy! This is a great time for everyone.