PDA

View Full Version : IHSA Nationals

giddybiddy
May. 6, 2010, 06:36 PM
I didn't see a thread yet, so here we go! If anyone has any news or results, or is there and wants to share what they've seen, it would be greatly appreciated!

sptraining
May. 6, 2010, 07:37 PM
It's that time of the year again isn't it! Good luck to everyone competing!

lindsay.anne
May. 6, 2010, 08:03 PM
Good luck to everyone competing.. and I have to be partial.. GO UKET !!!

supershorty628
May. 6, 2010, 08:21 PM
I'm here showing in the Cacchione Cup and have results written down - I will post an update tomorrow night with all the results thus far.

One of COTH's own members, Pony+ an inch, kindly allowed the IHSA to use her mare Rue, who carried 3 riders to 2nd, 1st, and 1st today!

Pony+ an inch
May. 6, 2010, 08:25 PM
I'm here showing in the Cacchione Cup and have results written down - I will post an update tomorrow night with all the results thus far.

One of COTH's own members, whose username on here I don't know, kindly allowed the IHSA to use her mare Rue, who carried 3 riders to 2nd, 1st, and 1st today!

Yes you do, silly, it's the same as on CR LOL. :-)

I love my horse! haha. She was super in St. Louis the last time I showed her, and I'm glad she's being a superstar for IHSA nat'ls. :-)

Kaelurus
May. 6, 2010, 08:27 PM
Any news on the University of the South? Yea Sewanee's Right!

supershorty628
May. 6, 2010, 08:29 PM
Any news on the University of the South? Yea Sewanee's Right!

Sewanee got some ribbons, I know that, but did not win anything as far as I know.

OGF
May. 6, 2010, 08:37 PM
I know that McKenzie Armour for the College of Charleston is now the Novice Flat Individual National Champion!! Go C of C and McKenzie! McKenzie was a great help this year with my daughter's IEA team. A nicer person could not have won.

Sounds like Rue is the draw everyone will want.

Kaelurus
May. 6, 2010, 08:37 PM
I rode at Sewanee way back in the day, lol. In fact, the current asst. coach and I were on the team together :D

hj0519
May. 6, 2010, 08:39 PM
I'm there supporting my team! After today, Skidmore is in first (20 points), then I think it goes Centenary (14 points), Findlay (13 points), and Stonehill and University of Kentucky are tied for fourth (11 points). I can't remember the placings after fourth.

giddybiddy
May. 6, 2010, 08:46 PM
Go Hollins!!

supershorty628
May. 6, 2010, 08:52 PM
Here are all the results from today excluding individual intermediate over fences...

Individual open over fences:

1. Lindsey Mohr -- Centenary College
2. Elizabeth Lubrano -- Penn State University
3. Ali Cibon -- University of Kentucky
4. Flavia D'Urso -- Skidmore College
5. Ashley Miller -- Virginia Intermont College
6. Audrie Nuckols -- Indiana University
7. Lindsay Maxwell -- Sewanee
8. Alexis Wirth -- Kutztown University
9. Jessica Hoy -- Penn State
10. Jordan Koivu -- St. Lawrence University

Individual novice over fences

1. Mary Richardson -- University of Mary Washington
2. Catherine McIntyre -- Fairfield University
3. Karla Shield -- Texas State University-San Marcos
4. Samantha Hack -- University of Central Florida
5. Margaret Swanson -- Mount Holyoke College
6. Monica Shea -- Southern Illinois University Carbondale
7. Irene Gladys -- West Virginia University
8. Heather Fogelson -- University of Minnesota, Crookston
9. Jennifer Nagel -- SUNY Oswego
10. Ali Krecker -- Centenary

Team novice over fences

1. Julie Connors -- Centenary
2. Laura Roberts -- Skidmore College
3. Martina Tramontozzi -- Stonehill College
4. Amy Barrett -- University of Kentucky
5. Sarah Gray -- Cazenovia College
6. Justine Thomas -- Stanford University
7. Casey Gilligan -- Virginia Intermont
8. Sarah Jarosinski -- Hollins University
9. Jovanna Haddad -- University of Findlay
10. Morgan Squires -- West Virginia University

Individual intermediate flat

1. Katherine Fernhoff -- Stanford
2. Kelsey Hill -- Stonehill
3. Audrey Bolte -- St. Andrews Presbyterian College
4. Cori Reich -- Centenary
5. Grier Filley -- Skidmore
6. Jessica Warren -- University of Miami
7. Melissa McDowell -- Slippery Rock University
8. Grace Golan -- Indiana University
9. Natalie Baker -- West Texas A&M
10. Carolyn Kelsey -- University of New Hampshire

More in a moment.

supershorty628
May. 6, 2010, 09:01 PM
Individual novice flat

1. McKenzie Armour -- College of Charleston
2. Sonja Murillo -- University of Central Florida
3. Rebecca Hart -- West Texas A&M
4. Courtney Newby -- Lake Erie College
5. Kristen Lawrence -- Delaware Valley College
6. Justine Thomas -- Stanford
7. Lauren Lamoureux -- Hartwick College
8. Savannah Sheldon -- Penn State
9. Alison Van Der Kar -- Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo
10. Rebecca McGoldrick -- Brown University

Team novice flat

1. Kelsey Shanley -- Cazenovia
2. Kathryn Gibson -- Delaware Valley
3. Jessice Browne -- University of Kentucky
4. Chelsea Dressler -- Virginia Intermont
5. Tyne Hovda -- Hollins
6. Maddy Sessions -- Stanford
7. Jordan MucMullen -- Mount Holyoke College
8. Amanda Brehm -- Truman State University
9. Mary Hanner -- West Texas A&M
10. Hanae Kimura -- Skidmore

Individual walk/trot/canter

1. Alexandra McGuire -- Skidmore
2. Kathryn McManis -- Virginia Intermont
3. Rider 521, also not in the program...
4. Amy Schneider -- Arizona State University
5. Sarah Lawrence -- Berry College
6. Elizabeth Kunz -- University of Kentucky
7. Sarah Schmitt -- West Texas A&M
8. Jennifer Callahan -- St. Andrews
9. Allison Soukup -- Morrisville State College
10. Jessica Charles -- University of Minnesota, Crookston

Jersey Fresh
May. 6, 2010, 09:04 PM

One of COTH's own members, Pony+ an inch, kindly allowed the IHSA to use her mare Rue, who carried 3 riders to 2nd, 1st, and 1st today!

Thats why we all fight over her when Pony+ can't come ride ;) Who ever pulle our barn's two horses got very lucky!

hj0519
May. 6, 2010, 09:09 PM
Team novice flat

6. I don't know who this rider was!! She was number 520 and rode beautifully but is not in the program.

I think she was Stanford's rider. I didn't catch her name because I was so busy trying to work out which school she was from.

Individual walk/trot/canter

3. Rider 521, also not in the program...

I think this rider was from Berry College...once again, didn't catch the name because I was trying to figure out which rider she had replaced.

supershorty628
May. 6, 2010, 09:10 PM
Team open flat

1. Mary Margaret Fly -- University of Findlay
2. Kelly Campbell -- Skidmore
3. Ali Cibon -- University of Kentucky
4. Ashley Miller -- Virginia Intermont
5. Miranda Cain -- West Virginia University
6. Danielle Miranda -- Lafayette College
7. Zoe Merritt -- College of Charleston
8. Sarah Scharf -- Stanford
9. Terence Prunty -- Delaware Valley
10. Lindsay Sceats -- Mount Holyoke

Team walk/trot/canter

1. Nina Crossley -- Stonehill
2. Isabella McKeon -- Skidmore
3. Christa Fosberg -- West Texas A&M
4. Christie Barnett -- University of Findlay
5. Erin Duggan -- Lafayette College
6. Caitlin Shipe -- Hollins
7. Amanda Ross -- Mount Holyoke
8. Brittany Callahan -- Cazenovia
9. Danielle Witt -- Truman State
10. Gracie Becker -- Sewanee

Team intermediate flat

1. Ali Krecker -- Centenary
2. Chelsea Jones -- Skidmore
3. Justine Thomas -- Stanford
4. Phillip Flynn -- University of Findlay
5. Kristina Sprenkle -- Hollins
6. McKenzie Armour -- College of Charleston
7. Kristin Lawrence -- Delaware Valley
8. Kristin Small -- Cazenovia
9. Emily Dolan -- Stonehill
10. Elizabeth Mirson -- Virginia Intermont

That's everything from today.

Ridersmom
May. 6, 2010, 09:16 PM
The IHSA website IHSAinc.com has a link to the results on the natioanls page. All the over fences classes had the results posted my 1:00 p.m. and the flat classes by 5:30 so they keep it pretty up to date.

daisy_chain
May. 6, 2010, 09:21 PM
#520 was from Stanford, sophomore Maddy Sessions. :) She's not in the program because she replaced another rider who was injured just before leaving for Kentucky. Huge congrats to senior Kate Fernhoff, no one works harder than her, so proud of her intermediate win! Thanks everyone for the updates!

CR Gorge Girl
May. 7, 2010, 04:48 AM
Good luck to everyone!!

especially the riders from U of Montana Western, Amanda G.(open flat/fences and Cacchione) and Kindle M. (walk/trot) !

bascher
May. 7, 2010, 06:54 AM
The IHSA website IHSAinc.com has a link to the results on the natioanls page. All the over fences classes had the results posted my 1:00 p.m. and the flat classes by 5:30 so they keep it pretty up to date.

They were REALLY quick yesterday with getting results up. Congrats to Marissa Cohen, champion Intermediate over fences!!

And GOOD LUCK EMILY!!

Hunter/JumperMom
May. 7, 2010, 07:21 AM
how does the showing work, I know a little of it, but at finals, how many kids per class/division? Individual and team?

bascher
May. 7, 2010, 07:39 AM
There is both an individual and a team component. For example, at Nationals, there is Open Team Over Fences and also Individual Team Over Fences. It is not like this at regional shows leading up to qualifying for Zones and whatnot, but it is this way at Zones and Nationals as far as I know. I counted the number of riders in one of the individual classes and there looked to be 20. I counted 19 total schools, so assuming that every school has an entry for every division, that would be 19 people in each team class. FTR, I am just talking about the Hunt Seat teams, not Western :)

Hunter/JumperMom
May. 7, 2010, 07:41 AM
thank:)

bascher
May. 7, 2010, 07:42 AM
No problem, I'm procrastinating from writing up a proposal!

eqgirl228
May. 7, 2010, 08:28 AM
I know that McKenzie Armour for the College of Charleston is now the Novice Flat Individual National Champion!! Go C of C and McKenzie! McKenzie was a great help this year with my daughter's IEA team. A nicer person could not have won.

Sounds like Rue is the draw everyone will want.

She had a really flawless ride, she rode one of our horses Remington and i have to say she is nothing but class, and is super nice! Congrats to her! She looked like she deserved it!

bascher
May. 7, 2010, 01:34 PM
First round Cacchione Cup scores courtesy of IHSAinc.org (and because I'm procrastinating!)

Lindsay Sceats 89
Elizabeth Kigin 88
Ashley Miller 87
Lindsey Mohr 86
Elizabeth Webb 85
Elysse Ruschmeyer 84.5
Elizabeth Giliberti 84
Elizabeth Lubrano 83.5
Ali Cibon 83
Terence Prunty 82.5
Kelse Bonham 82
Erica Green 81
Melina Laroussi 80
Eileen McNamara 79.5
Brittany Henson 79
Suzanne Snyder 78.5
Rori Fiebert 78
Emily Taylor 77.5
Reese Green 77
Emily Pope 76
Lindsay Maxwell 75
Katherine Furches 74.5
Amanda Gelderman 74
Mary Margaret Fly 73
Edward Miller 72.5
Andrea Heinzman 72
Nicole DiCorti 69
Melanie Christensen 68
Mary Bungum 67
Sareda Schramm 60
Katherine Wallace 0

Jumpthemoon16
May. 7, 2010, 01:54 PM
GO STANFORD!
I actually will be joining Stanford's High School team starting in a few weeks, so I'm partial (:

LearnToFly
May. 7, 2010, 01:57 PM
There's individual and team- people in the individual class have qualified on their own points and won top 3 in the region and top 2 (or 3, depending on size of the zone) at Zones.

Team classes will have one rider that qualified based on their team; I think each Zone sends the top 2 teams and those teams field a rider for each division.

regular season shows are like this as well, kind of. There aren't separate classes for individual and team, but you have individuals and teams both chasing points.

The Cacchione Cup is the top open rider from each region through the regular season- not dependent on team or how the individual has fared through the rest of the post-season. So it is feasible that one person could qualify for nationals in open over fences, be apart of her team's nationals bid, and be qualified for the Cup and thus ride in all three open fences classes.

Coree
May. 7, 2010, 03:20 PM
Hi everyone!

We are here covering the IHSA National Championships!

Check out http://www.chronofhorse.com/2010ihsachampionships for updates, photo galleries and video highlights!

NorthFaceFarm
May. 7, 2010, 03:43 PM
I thought the open fences were like 3'6? Those look tiny. Am I thinking of something else?

Lazy Palomino Hunter
May. 7, 2010, 03:45 PM
I thought the open fences were like 3'6? Those look tiny. Am I thinking of something else?

They're between 2'9" and 3'3" for Open.

NCAA riding is 3'6", I think.

bascher
May. 7, 2010, 04:55 PM
They're between 2'9" and 3'3" for Open.

NCAA riding is 3'6", I think.

Yup, open fences IHSA is supposed to be 3' although it is normally lower than that, at least in our region, which was really annoying :)

giddybiddy
May. 7, 2010, 07:10 PM
Congrats Meredith McDonnell on winning the team intermediate over fences! Go Hollins!!

To the MAX
May. 7, 2010, 08:42 PM
A huge, HUGE, congrats to Washington College graduate Bernadette Loomis, Alumni reining champion! :D

LulaBell
May. 7, 2010, 08:45 PM
Big congrats/good luck to College of Charleston! I can't believe it's been 4 years since I rode at Nationals with the team...

and I'm not that old!

lindsay.anne
May. 8, 2010, 04:21 PM
Yup, open fences IHSA is supposed to be 3' although it is normally lower than that, at least in our region, which was really annoying :)

Same in my region. Theyre supposed to be set up at 3', when in reality only ONE show ACTUALLY had a few fences set up at 3', the rest were like 2'9. All the other shows, open only jumped like 2'6. :confused: Sort of a reality check when they end up at nationals!

Fiction
May. 10, 2010, 06:50 PM
Emily who did you end up drawing this week? And Liz I didn't know your horse was there! Were you there?

I just wanted to congratulate everyone, it was such a smoothly run nationals this year. I've been several times in the past, and despite the fact that I had a hectic job managing the horses we brought, there were no major blips, and the horse show was really well run. And the horse park/Lexington in general is AWESOME.

And obviously congrats to Skidmore (gotta have a little school spirit)! :) And all the awesome horses who were so great throughout the week.

Pony+ an inch
May. 10, 2010, 10:56 PM
Emily who did you end up drawing this week? And Liz I didn't know your horse was there! Were you there?

I just wanted to congratulate everyone, it was such a smoothly run nationals this year. I've been several times in the past, and despite the fact that I had a hectic job managing the horses we brought, there were no major blips, and the horse show was really well run. And the horse park/Lexington in general is AWESOME.

And obviously congrats to Skidmore (gotta have a little school spirit)! :) And all the awesome horses who were so great throughout the week.

Unfortunately, no. I had (have) three major performance obligations that were in close proximity, and the number of rehearsals I have and the times they have been scheduled have been ridiculous (if that sentence makes grammatical sense). Combined with the three hours total drive (there and back), normal class schedule, and the parents being in town for one of the concerts, I could not get my act together. I was really sad I missed my pony be so super and watch Em ride. BUT the wonderful thing about the internet and cell phones is that people inform you of play-by-plays. That made my weekend in the basement of our music hall a bit more bearable. :-)

But now here's my question--were you there???

Fiction
May. 11, 2010, 06:55 PM
Ah well I'm sorry I missed you then!
I was there, I was in VA and decided to make the drive out to Lexington, since it was pretty short (in comparison to the x-country hauls I have been doing lately). Skid brought 8 horses to the show so I stayed in our barn for the majority of the week and tried to keep chaos at a minimum. ;)

Stono Ferry
May. 11, 2010, 06:59 PM

They were 3'6" when I competed at IHSA shows...but that was quite some time ago...feeling old here.

Marcella
May. 12, 2010, 12:07 AM
Way to go UK! 3rd place is a great finish.

Going from IHSA to NCAA was an eye-opener. The open jumps in IHSA were very rarely over 3'. Went to an NCAA show before there started to be only NCAA shows, and those jumps were 3'6. BIG difference getting on a strange horse jumping 2'6-3 and getting on a strange horse jumping 3'6!!

supershorty628
May. 12, 2010, 08:00 AM

I rode Graffiti (Centenary) for the o/f phase and Clifford (Cornell) for the flat. They were both awesome!

DuffyAgain
May. 12, 2010, 03:17 PM
GREAT draws, supershorty!!!

DuffyAgain
May. 12, 2010, 03:17 PM
Not that there were many bad draws! They had such wonderful horses to pull from!!!!

DuffyAgain
May. 12, 2010, 03:19 PM
While I can't answer to the height for open classes throughout the year, I have to think one reason for them NOT being higher these days is because there are many more riders than in the past. There are only so many school horses (or people willing to donate their 3'6" horses) capable of doing multiple rounds with multiple riders for days, and that after a couple days of schooling and being evaluated. Better to save the horses, imo.