PDA

View Full Version : D-Ring Waterford bit in 5 1/4"?

OneMoreTime
May. 6, 2010, 04:11 PM
Does anyone know if these are even made? I have a 5", which is too small & pinches at the corners, and a 5 1/2", which is too large, hanging out the sides of the mouth.

My trainer insists on a D-ring, and my horse has been going very nicely in the Waterford. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Hrsnaround
May. 6, 2010, 04:20 PM
You might want to give Beval's a call; they should have a good selection of bits.

Lucassb
May. 6, 2010, 09:35 PM
I know they exist, because I have one... and it is a true 5 1/4". Unfortunately it is not marked so I can't tell you what the brand is - but IIRC, I got it from Dover. You might try contacting their customer service group; I've always found them pretty helpful.

naters
May. 7, 2010, 11:22 AM
Ive been looking for the same.... only ever found one... and someone "borrowed" it.

OneMoreTime
May. 7, 2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks!

I found a custom one online, but it was $256, which is way too much, considering that the 5" and the 5 1/2" were each about $35 or so. I've put in requests at Dover and SmartPak to see if they can locate one. I'm going to get in touch with Beval later today. I'll post here what I find out.

naters
May. 7, 2010, 11:52 AM
The one I found was about 35 dollars. But it was at a random tack shop at a show.