PDA

View Full Version : Come Ride With Me! HELMET CAM new for 2010!

tidy rabbit
May. 5, 2010, 08:13 PM
Hi HELMET CAM! Fans! Here's one from today! Enjoy. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvSa8ERlo9w

Dakotawyatt
May. 5, 2010, 08:45 PM
Awww! I remember when you posted his first ever course.:) What a good boy! I wish I would HURRY UP and win the lottery so I can have me a setup like yours.:yes:

sansibar
May. 5, 2010, 09:11 PM
I just asked my parent for one of these for my birthday after I watched this video!

This is so awesome!

Madaketmomma
May. 5, 2010, 09:19 PM
That is the first time I have jumped 4'3". It felt great! LOL

PNWjumper
May. 5, 2010, 10:26 PM
a) I heart helmet cam

b) Just a quick FYI that from the first time my guy jumped a single 4'3" jump to his first 4'3" class was roughly 3 months....so August? September on the outside? I say fast forward through all of that pesky "training" stuff and just skip to the fun stuff! :D

tidy rabbit
May. 5, 2010, 10:31 PM
Mr TR was there and made me do the big jump again a couple times. The last little clip of the video, Aero jumped it clear over the top of the standards which are 5 ft and kicked out behind.

My toughest critic, Mr TR, was actually impressed! I'm super excited about Aero. We'll be doing the 3' low hunters on Saturday at a show. LOL.

tidy rabbit
May. 6, 2010, 06:52 AM
Awww! I remember when you posted his first ever course.:) What a good boy!

That seems like a long time ago now. It sure is a long haul with these babies but now it's really starting to get fun! :)

theinstigator
May. 6, 2010, 06:56 AM
Thank you for allowing me to live vicariously through you. :)

Ozone
May. 6, 2010, 11:13 AM
That was great!

I felt a bit nervous going into the outside line. I felt I was getting left behind, I was not prepared for it :D :lol:

Good Luck at your show!

Kitters
May. 6, 2010, 11:29 AM
How fun! I love the parts where the sun is behind/beside you and your shadow can be seen on the ground. Really neat!

And not that I'm encouraging you to fall, but it would be really wild to see a first-person perspective on a helmet-cam fall! :lol:

tidy rabbit
May. 6, 2010, 11:37 AM
I'm sure that it will happen that Aero will jump me out the tack over one of the big jumps at some point in the future. Yesterday he gave two really big efforts that took me a bit by surprise. It's been a long time since I had one that jumped that powerful.

LeisaA
May. 6, 2010, 03:50 PM
From the helmet-cam perspective, it looks like a very smooth ride. You stay in the tack very well. If I was wearing the cam, you'd see a lot of bobbing around and a lot of neck on the landing lol. Thanks for posting these. They're a lot of fun!

TrotTrotPumpkn
May. 6, 2010, 03:56 PM
Love the helmet cam rides!! I also felt left behind on the last outside line--I must have been worried, lol.

SimonandGus
May. 6, 2010, 03:57 PM
This was amazing to watch! It looked like a very smooth ride =D.

Halfhalting
May. 6, 2010, 04:35 PM
That was fabulous to watch! Loved how you were looking for the next fence! :)

bits619
May. 6, 2010, 05:27 PM
Helmet cam!!! LOVE!
ok i know what i want for my birthday now, thanks!!

RugBug
May. 6, 2010, 05:58 PM
Helmet cam..fun as always!

I kept trying to leg yield in to keep from going onto the grass. I'd have such an issue riding in your ring because of that. Like it's some huge sin to go outside the "ring" :lol:

tidy rabbit
May. 7, 2010, 09:37 AM
Helmet cam..fun as always!

I kept trying to leg yield in to keep from going onto the grass. I'd have such an issue riding in your ring because of that. Like it's some huge sin to go outside the "ring" :lol:

HAHA! I know all about that! With the wee young ones I make it a point to keep them "in the ring" and to only go in and out via the "entrance". But with the others I'll set fences out in the grass, gallop out of the ring and out around the pond and back in, or all the way around the back paddocks.

It's nice that I can go from my 100 x 200 sand arena to using as much of the property as I like. I used to want a fence around it but now I really like the freedom of being able to use as much space as I like. Plus when you're out in those BIG show rings, you don't get the benefit of a fence anyways, as MR TR likes to point out to me.

imapepper
May. 7, 2010, 10:21 AM
So cool :cool: He has come so far! I also remember Aero baby videos :) I have to admit though....helmet cam videos give me just a touch of vertigo :lol: It's the weirdest thing. Can't wait to see the videos from the show :)

LARGEBORE
May. 7, 2010, 04:35 PM
awesome

my_doran
May. 7, 2010, 05:53 PM
really cool with the helmet cam ride.felt like i was riding with you ,when i put my computer to full screen with the vid.keep up the helmet cam rides....;)

Anyplace Farm
May. 9, 2010, 08:01 AM
So cool! Thanks for sharing. And I love your ring too. I think it is a great advantage to be able to canter out onto turf and then back in.