PDA

View Full Version : Essex to TS Shirt Sizing

Spud&Saf
May. 5, 2010, 02:33 PM
Have decided I need a white shirt for this season, and was looking at the TS ones at Dover.

Are the TS cut similarly to the Essex? How does the sizing compare?

I am a 36 in Essex, which seems to be perfectly tailored to my physique. (A bit chesty, with hourglass waist and a shortish torso). What size would this relate to in TS?

As an aside, the RJ classics shirts do NOT work at all for me...too tight through chest, too big through waist, too long. Does anyone find the TS shirts are cut similarly to the RJ?

Spooks
May. 6, 2010, 09:48 AM
I just bought both a TS shirt and an Essex shirt from SmartPak, same size, both in Coolmax. I just tried them both on right now so I could describe the fit to you. The fit is similar. In the Essex I got a 32 and in the TS I got a 4 (which is a 32 - the label says 4/32). The Essex is slightly more fitted through the torso, and maybe 1/2 inch longer in the arms, and the tails are slightly longer. Same fit through the neck and shoulder. The TS has more room in the chest in the version I bought (and this cut was mentioned in the product description). If you wear a 36 in Essex I think you would be an 8 in TS.

I do not have an RJ shirt...I tried one on once and the neck was so tight I would have turned purple riding in it! And I have a skinny neck.

alterknowbetter
May. 6, 2010, 12:21 PM
I just got a beautiful white TS shirt on sale for $64.75! Actually Tailored Sportsman items are on sale not just the shirts! :)

http://woodsongtack.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=487