PDA

View Full Version : Help me sell please!!

galagphantom
May. 4, 2010, 02:30 PM
Im trying to sell a horse trailor, does anyone have any suggestions as to where i should try and list? Im pretty broke so if anyone knows any free listings that work? Thank youu!

trakehner013
May. 4, 2010, 02:37 PM
We sold ours off of tacktrader.com
they have a horse trailer listing section

Anselcat
May. 4, 2010, 02:40 PM
Also your local Craigslist, especially if it is in the lower price range.

Good luck!

maxxtrot
May. 4, 2010, 11:33 PM
what type of trailer is it?

buschkn
May. 5, 2010, 08:30 AM
CRAIGSLIST for sure!! I am looking for a trailer and am always scouring the Craigslist ads in nearby cities for one. It is free, you can post photos, and your customers are local. Also Tacktrader, and Equine.com

judybigredpony
May. 5, 2010, 08:46 AM
Most local Pony Clubs have a webb site with free positngs.
Fliers:
at horse shows
Feed Store
Garages that service trailers

I parked my 1st one by the road at end of my driveway with a huge for sale sign...sold it to.

Hunt Clubs as well.

You can go on the Webb to Master of Fox-Hounds webb site there is a lisitng of clubs with e-mails send mail with trailer photos to any club with in a reasonable driving distance.
Same with Pony Clubs.

Sing Mia Song
May. 5, 2010, 09:00 AM
Craig's List. The problem with the national listing pages is that no one wants to travel around the country for a used trailer. They want to see what's local.

I sold my beat up old two-horse on CL for far more than I expected. I actually had three people in bidding wars for it. Take good pictures, have an accurate and factual description (and please, proper spelling and grammar, with no exclamation points) and it should sell.

electric stride
May. 5, 2010, 09:06 AM
That means trailEr. ^
:lol:

jn4jenny
May. 5, 2010, 10:08 AM
Craig's List. The problem with the national listing pages is that no one wants to travel around the country for a used trailer.

That depends on the type of trailer and how common it is. Few people will travel to see a conventional 2-horse bumper pull or a stock trailer because there are dozens near their home. But if it's a hard-to-find trailer, say a 6 horse head to head or a Brenderup 2-horse, people will travel much further.

To galagphantom: pictures are your friend. Wherever you decide to post, make sure you post as many pictures as possible. People won't bother to "email for pictures" when all the other sellers have already provided a picture.