PDA

View Full Version : Overnight stabling in PA?

Dapple Dawn Farm
May. 4, 2010, 08:30 AM
This is a cross post from the off course forum...

I will be transporting my new hunter prospect from Ohio to Maine over Memorial Day weekend. Does anyone know of any overnight stabling along the PA turnpike around Harrisburg or up by Scranton?

Meggs
May. 4, 2010, 10:21 AM
Windy Ridge Farm
www.windyridgefarm.com

SonnysMom
May. 4, 2010, 11:28 AM
The farm where I keep my horse at is in the Pottstown area. The farm is about 15/20 minutes from either the Morgantown or Downingtown exit. I am sure the BO would be willing to do an overnight layover.
It is a small farm. There are currently 5 horses. Stalls are nice sized and deeply bedded. BO lives on property.
Let me know if the Harrisburg or Scranton area doesn't work out and if Pottstown would work instead.

advantagepa
May. 4, 2010, 11:51 AM
Point of View Stables is about 15 minutes off the Turnpike a little over an hour past Harrisburg. There are hotels within 10 minutes too. I don't know if they would do a layover, but it never hurts to ask. Plus Pixie is super nice. www.pointofviewstables.com

brightskyfarm
May. 4, 2010, 02:08 PM
there are many places to choose from only a stones throw off exit 80 off rt. 81/ by Penn National racecourse.

and lots of cheap/nice hotels for you too. exit 80 is 1/2hr north of pa tpk/carlisle./ and many exits off the tpk in the hsbg area.... just mapquest grantville for a general location.

pm me for more information.

AliBus
May. 5, 2010, 12:00 PM
201 Sheaffer Road Carlisle, PA 17013 - (717) 802-1941

I boarded my TB there when I was in college -- they used to do layovers and temporary stabling for Penn National...its about five minutes from the turnpike...good luck!