PDA

View Full Version : I am horseless...

*andi*
May. 3, 2010, 10:08 PM
For the first time in nearly a decade, I do not own/lease my own horse. What do I do with myself? I am so lost. lol. I have something to ride, but it will just be weekends- what can I do to help try and keep riding muscles during the week?
Also.. how do you get over that loss!? I feel like I just sold my child! Sad, but true!

Zu Zu
May. 3, 2010, 10:15 PM
Check out the thread designed by dizzywriter "Riding" ~ should help?:lol::D

sp56
May. 4, 2010, 12:19 AM
That sounds lovely. Enjoy it! I can't wait for the day when I get a break from horse ownership...

Mukluk
May. 4, 2010, 12:30 AM
Tell everyone you know that you are wanting to ride. There are so many horses out there that need a job. Post signs at your local tack stores. Notify all of the local barns/trainers. Even post on craiglist. You are bound to find something!!!

Roo7
May. 4, 2010, 06:38 AM
I think Mukluk's suggestion is a great one. Let everyone you know that you're available to "catch ride." There are plenty of days when people can't make it to the barn to ride--and there you are, voila! Ready, willing, and able to fill the gap....and no bills or board to worry about. Best of both worlds. Also let your vet and farrier know of your availability. Sometimes better to go through your friends network than through strangers....for all parties concerned.

tbhuntergirl
May. 4, 2010, 08:52 PM
You and me both. :(

TrotTrotPumpkn
May. 4, 2010, 10:13 PM
Agreed. Lots of people need their horses ridden.

I'm riding horseless (mare w/foal on the way--but no riding) but am LOVING it right now! When I'm not shopping for my next horse, that is. I'm working on my yard, painted a spare bedroom, spent some money on my wardrobe.

If I was a real go-getter I'd work on my fitness a bit. So that's a suggestion. Really get strong in all your new free time.

*andi*
May. 5, 2010, 12:03 AM
My coach has a tonne of horses for me to ride.. my problem is that I'll be back in another city during the week attending school (until August) and then will ride weekends. Any gym excersises that can keep riding muscles?
I am possibly relocating to Europe in the fall and hope to continue riding there.. so it'd be great if I didn't flop around like a bean bag :)