PDA

View Full Version : RIP Noel Twyman

lauriep
May. 3, 2010, 09:54 PM
Noted horseman (and son of even MORE noted horseman, Delmar Twyman) Noel Twyman passed away Sat/Sun after a long illness. He was highly regarded and loved by all who knew him.

incentive
May. 3, 2010, 10:59 PM
Condolences to his family and friends. We're losing so many of the legends. We knew it would happen, but that doesn't keep it from being very sad. I don't think all that knowledge and skill will ever be replaced.

VirginiaBred
May. 4, 2010, 06:23 AM
Condolences to his family and friends. We're losing so many of the legends. We knew it would happen, but that doesn't keep it from being very sad. I don't think all that knowledge and skill will ever be replaced.

Perfectly stated. :(

Roo7
May. 4, 2010, 06:27 AM
Here,here. The old guard are passing, and taking their magic with them. The paradigm is so different today; financial pressure is greater, time is shorter, and often the horses suffer for it.

Racetb*Aefvue Farm*Biziz Ltd.
May. 4, 2010, 07:35 AM
My fondest memories are times spent at the old farm with Noel and Delmar. Good bye Noel. We've lost another wonderful person and horseman.

BAC
May. 4, 2010, 09:54 AM
My condolences to his loved ones. How sad that as these legends pass away, there is no one to replace them, they were one of a kind.

chunky munky
May. 4, 2010, 11:34 AM
For those of you that did not know Noel, or even those that did, go to the Virginia Thoroughbred blog to read about a very good man.

Tackpud
May. 4, 2010, 03:29 PM
Oh no:( The loss of another one of the great horsemen just makes me realize how quickly time is passing. Condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed.

M. O'Connor
May. 4, 2010, 03:51 PM
I was not fortunate enough to know him, but would very much appreciate a link so that I could learn more about him.

Monste
May. 4, 2010, 04:57 PM
Hum, would this Noel Twyman have been in Atlanta circa 20 years ago with a timber horse that had been imported from Ireland? When I got a hold of the papers of my beloved first horse, who has since passed, I seem to remember that this was the man that imported him from Ireland. If this is the case, I'm forever grateful, bringing that horse to this side of the pond is the only reason I'm still riding, he was a wonderful soul.

Triplicate
May. 4, 2010, 06:35 PM
Noel was a kind and friendly guy, a gentleman from the Rodney Jenkins/Bill Graves era.
He could break colts, show hunters and jumpers, ride in steeplechase races, and was a yearling inspector for Fasig Tipton years ago.
His father, Delmar, was a great horeman, and a great gentleman.
It was so nice that Noel was voted into the Show Hunter Hall of Fame this year. He was very proud of the honor.
God speed, Noel.

chunky munky
May. 5, 2010, 11:30 AM
To read more about Noel, go to www.vtablog.org.

Hilltopfarmva
May. 5, 2010, 04:35 PM
What an incredible turnout today! Noel was a great horseman with many great friends and people who respected him. God Bless him and his family. He will be missed.