PDA

View Full Version : Yet another hunter hair question, but this one has a twist!

Pony'tude
May. 3, 2010, 09:32 PM
I have not seen this one addressed in the Forums, so here goes. I am getting back into the ring, after some years off. I always had long hair, and was very competent at doing the "traditional" hunter hair. I now have short (as in over the ear short) hair, and don't quite know what to do with it. I looked at some pictures from this past weekend, and I look like a complete dork, with my ear VERY visible, and sticking out through the side harness of my GR8. :lol: Any ideas? Ear muffs? Fake hair? It would look even goofier to see a hair net stretched over my ears, and my hair is honestly short enough that there is no need.....you really couldn't see any hair at all, as the helmet covered it. Do I just have to live with my ears sticking out? :confused:

klmck63
May. 3, 2010, 09:46 PM
There is a thread somewhere on here about how to do short hunter hair with some pantyhose and a hairnet, I think. But I couldn't, for the life of me, find it on the search. Maybe someone else will have more luck?

see u at x
May. 3, 2010, 09:50 PM
Here ya go: http://community.webshots.com/album/348919249MqEbHs

I believe our very own Sing Mia Song was the one who put this album together.

Pony'tude
May. 3, 2010, 09:59 PM
Wow.....that is awesome!!! And VERY creative too :yes: That should do the trick! Thanks for the quick response....I knew I could get an answer here :) Although I will say that my hair is shorter than the "model" in the picture :lol:

*Liz*
May. 3, 2010, 10:05 PM
My hair is a bit shorter than the woman in the photos posted above, but gag me with a spoon - you couldn't barely pay me to do all that. I cut my hair so I wouldn't have to cover my ears and deal with hair nets, why go through all the process to pretend that I have long hair when I don't.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but men never wear hairnets, I don't see why women need to go through such a process if their hair is short enough.

Pony'tude
May. 3, 2010, 10:31 PM
I agree that we shouldn't have to go through all of that, if we have short enough hair. And I was definitely excited NOT to, now that mine is short. But after looking at pictures, with my ears sticking out of the harness like two headlights, :lol: I am starting to rethink my original plan. I am going to at least try it at home, and see how it looks/feels. Of course, I may not care what my ears look like, come August in Virginia :)

Gry2Yng
May. 3, 2010, 10:39 PM
I use Sing Mia Song's method and I love it. Thank you.

gottagrey
May. 3, 2010, 11:51 PM
Ponytude you probably notice your ears much more than anyone else does.We all have ears, they are not something you need to hide or be embarrassed about. Exposing them does not make earthquakes happen ( we now know that earthquakes are caused by women in revealing clothing) if you are really upset about your ears I would forget the pantyhose process and just have them pinned back like Heidi Montag

horsechick
May. 3, 2010, 11:59 PM
heehee we totally used to do that for IHSA "back in the day"

Pirateer
May. 4, 2010, 01:01 AM
My hair is a bit shorter than the woman in the photos posted above, but gag me with a spoon - you couldn't barely pay me to do all that. I cut my hair so I wouldn't have to cover my ears and deal with hair nets, why go through all the process to pretend that I have long hair when I don't.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but men never wear hairnets, I don't see why women need to go through such a process if their hair is short enough.

So leave your hair down and get mistaken for a man.
Your decision.

ExJumper
May. 4, 2010, 01:04 AM
I'll bet that process takes all of 45 seconds once you practice a few times and have the pantyhose-headband already tied. It makes me want to cut off my hair, actually. I've always wanted to -- especially now that I have a job with long hours -- but I wasn't sure what I'd have to do with my hair!

Ghazzu
May. 4, 2010, 09:39 AM
So leave your hair down and get mistaken for a man.
Your decision.

Right.
Because men have enough sense to realize the only appropriate time to wear pantyhose on one's head is during an armed robbery.

RomeosGirl
May. 4, 2010, 09:47 AM
Right.
Because men have enough sense to realize the only appropriate time to wear pantyhose on one's head is during an armed robbery.

OK, coffee meets the screen again!:eek::eek:

monstrpony
May. 4, 2010, 09:49 AM
Right.

IT is SO lucky that my coffee cup was empty when I read this!

BAC
May. 4, 2010, 10:23 AM
Right.

:lol: Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning. :D

danceronice
May. 4, 2010, 10:51 AM
ROFL at gottagrey and Ghazzu.

You look like a much bigger dork with pantyhose over your ears than without hunter hair. Again, the men seem to survive with their ears showing. Are women's ears more indecent? But then, I hate hunter hair in general, cannot stand having hair over my ears, and have never heard a real explanation besides "fashion" for why dressage buns (or getting all the hair up under the helmet, without the stupid ear poofs) is SO AWFUL. If you've got short enough hair you don't need a net, don't wear one!