PDA

View Full Version : Bill Landesman?

harr754
May. 3, 2010, 08:54 PM
He is an amerigo rep in my area, does anybody have any information on him? Good? Bad? Please p.m. me if necessary. Thanks!

ToN Farm
May. 3, 2010, 09:00 PM
At one time, he was an employee of Euro-American Saddlery when they were located in NJ. I not exactly sure what all his duties were there, but he wasn't fitting saddles then.

He went to work for Millers in NY after that, and then when Milers went out of business, he opened up that store under a new name. Copperfields, I think was the name. It didn't last long.

After that, I never saw him again but I was told just recently that he was an Amerigo fitter. I would imagine that they trained him; at least I hope so.

I never heard anything bad about him.

harr754
May. 4, 2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks ToN Farm... anybody else know of him?

BAC
May. 4, 2010, 12:39 PM
He went to work for Millers in NY after that, and then when Milers went out of business, he opened up that store under a new name. Copperfields, I think was the name. It didn't last long.

Copperfields changed its name, but not its ownership, it is still there as Manhattan Saddlery. In fact I was planning to stop in today on my lunch hour if I have time.

dmholton
May. 6, 2010, 06:37 PM
I have known Bill Landesman for 8 years. Bill is well respected by professionals in the equine industry, and by all of his customers. I have purchased my second Amerigo saddle from him and I am extremely pleased. (A master saddler/competitor asked to look at my Amerigo and was impressed by the fit measured by Bill who was trained by Peter Minet and Robin Moore of Amerigo). Bill is often sought out as a retail consultant, Euro Saddlery (to launch their web business) and Millers retail store in NYC to handle the transition to Copperfields, for examples. He currently co-owns a saddle pad company (http://www.successequestrian.com/) and is a realtor specializing in in equestrian properties (http://www.williamlandesman.com/). Bill also found my wonderful horse for me and assisted me with training. Bill is an ethical individual and I am more than happy to pass along this recommendation for him (and Amerigo saddles). Don't wait...give him a call. You will be happy you did.