PDA

View Full Version : Somersaulted off my horse...Charles Owen warranty?

JinxyPoo
May. 2, 2010, 05:15 PM
So I took a lovely dive this morning off my horse and landed directly on my head :( I am fine, just very sore but my helmet is out. It's a CO Ayr8 and I got it 6 months (exactly to the day actually) ago. I got it from Smartpak and I have the receipt. Does anyone know if I can call/email/whatever CO and get a replacement for cheaper than retail price? Thanks!!

blackcat95
May. 3, 2010, 08:49 PM
There should be a warranty somewhere in the box... if not, look it up on their web site. I think most helmet companies have a warranty for this sort of thing. I know IRH would replace your helmet if you took a fall within a year...

Glad you were OK- sounds scary!

Starda01
May. 3, 2010, 08:57 PM
I recently purchased a CO helmet for my daughter. Her IRH helmet had cracked, as did mine. Did your helmet crack bc of your fall?

akhunterrider
May. 4, 2010, 06:03 PM
I would call smartpak.

spmoonie
May. 4, 2010, 06:53 PM
Go to the Charles Owen website and print out the accident report form. Then, call Smartpak and ask what their procedure is on replacement. You will get a discount on your next helmet depending on how old it is.

I bought a CO Hampton a while back from Dover. After I took a fall, I printed out that Accident form and took that along with my helmet to the Dover store and they replaced the helmet for me. I only had to pay 60 dollars because my helmet was about 1 year old. :)

JinxyPoo
May. 4, 2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks everyone! It didn't visibly crack, but it took a pretty good hit so I definitely want a new one. I talked to smartpak and I have to return the helmet with the accident report from CO and I can get a new one for 65% off :)