PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mrs. Eileen Beckman ~ Otteridge Farm

2hsmommy
May. 2, 2010, 10:55 AM
So sad to post :cry:
Mrs. Beckman passed away today, May 2nd 2010.
Such a grand lady, did so much for the sport and breeding of hunter ponies.
So happy she is to be honored at Devon this year, so sad she'll not be there to see it.
My deepest sympathies to all of her family and friends.

CoolMeadows
May. 2, 2010, 11:14 AM
She'll be greatly missed. Condolences to FlyingSwap and VirginiaBred.

Sugarbrook
May. 2, 2010, 11:17 AM
My condolences to the entire family. I know she will be greatly missed.

see u at x
May. 2, 2010, 11:59 AM
My heartfelt condolences to all of her loved ones. So sorry to hear this.

KnKShowmom
May. 2, 2010, 12:44 PM
My deepest condolences to Randee, Laura and the whole family - rest in peace Mrs. Beckman, you are a truly grand lady and horsewoman!

Jessi P
May. 2, 2010, 01:08 PM
I am so very sorry to hear this. What a grand lady and long time horsewoman Mrs Beckman was - as well as an icon in the hunter pony world. What a terrible loss for Randee and her family, as well as the horse community. I loved the picture of Mrs. Beckman riding on her most recent birthday - priceless. Lots of hugs and condolences, Randee & family.

Tackpud
May. 2, 2010, 01:41 PM
Such a loss to the horse world. :cry: Condolences to her family.

ponymom64
May. 2, 2010, 01:58 PM
My deepest sympathies to Randee and her family. Mrs Beckman was a grand old time horsewoman and will be missed by all.

Kinsella
May. 2, 2010, 02:05 PM
My deepest condolences to Randee and family... Mrs. Beckman was one of the greats and will be missed...

Halfhalting
May. 2, 2010, 02:10 PM
I am so sad to hear this. I grew up around her "turf" at the foot of the Peaks of Otter. Bedford and the horse community just won't be the same without her. ((hugs)) to Randee and the rest of her family.

Limerick
May. 2, 2010, 02:12 PM
Mrs. Beckman will be greatly missed. I had the honor of meeting her and what an amazing lady she is. Her legacy will live on at that wonderful place Otteridge Farm and, of course, through her incredibly special ponies.

llsc
May. 2, 2010, 02:37 PM
Randee,

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Ethan & Ella's Mom
May. 2, 2010, 03:39 PM
I'm so sad to read this. My thoughts and prayers to the family.

Tini Sea Soldier
May. 2, 2010, 04:36 PM
I spoke to either Randee or Eileen (can't recall which one) once about purchasing a pony. They were nothing but a class act and would have recommended them to anyone. Sorry for your loss :(

mxyplyzyx Aefvue Farm Apres Hunt Lounge
May. 2, 2010, 04:46 PM
Sincere condolences to Randee & her family.

Quinn
May. 2, 2010, 05:31 PM
My sincere and heartfelt condolences to you Randee and your family. Your Mom sounds like an incredible woman. I'm so sorry.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff

EqTrainer
May. 2, 2010, 06:36 PM
My condolences to the entire family. I know she will be greatly missed.

This.. What a legacy she left.

Trixie
May. 2, 2010, 07:18 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about this. Huge condolences to her family.

Andrew
May. 2, 2010, 07:43 PM
So, so, sorry for your loss Randee and to your family.....

8 weeks to the day I lost Dad:-((

shawneeAcres
May. 2, 2010, 08:10 PM
So sorry to here this and my sympathies to Randee. Loved the photo of her riding on her latest birthday, just hope I am that spry at that age! She leaves behind a wonderful legacy.

incentive
May. 2, 2010, 10:44 PM
Another icon has left us. Sincere condolences to her family and friends.

lauriep
May. 2, 2010, 11:46 PM
Eileen was such an icon in the pony world, and that farm WAS her. So very sorry to hear of this, but what an amazing life she had!

RNB
May. 2, 2010, 11:56 PM
Sincere condolences to Randee, her family and friends.

TWF
May. 3, 2010, 12:02 AM
Sympathies to the family. We all are saddened by the passing of a Great Lady.

Kenike
May. 3, 2010, 01:15 AM
My sincere condolences to Randee and the rest of the family. The pony hunter breeding world is mourning with you....

KnKShowmom
May. 3, 2010, 06:43 AM
So sorry to here this and my sympathies to Randee. Loved the photo of her riding on her latest birthday, just hope I am that spry at that age! She leaves behind a wonderful legacy.

The last time I saw Mrs. Beckman, she asked me if I was still riding. When I said no, she said "well let me show you something" and pull those pictures out of her bag.

She was so proud of her birthday ride and said she planned on doing it every year. I will always remember the twinkle she had in her eyes that day.

Ride on Mrs. Beckman!

BAC
May. 3, 2010, 11:21 AM
I am so sad to hear this, she must have been an amazing woman and will be greatly missed. My deepest sympathy to Randee and her family.

SilverBalls
May. 3, 2010, 11:50 AM
My deepest sympathies... what a wonderful woman! Hugs to Randee, Katie, and Will.

Rockfish
May. 3, 2010, 02:28 PM
oOh snap I'm so bummed to hear this! Such a great lady!

farmgirl88
May. 3, 2010, 02:32 PM
my sincere condolences to Randee and family....and to all the ponies she bred and loved.

Mel0309
May. 3, 2010, 05:17 PM
Randee and family,

I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. She was a legend in pony breeding, I only wish I could have met her. May her spirit live on in all the ponies she bred.

VirginiaBred
May. 3, 2010, 06:05 PM
Thank you to everyone who has reached out to my family over the past 48 hours. We are blessed to have incredible friends, and I was blessed to have an incredible mother for 92 years.

A Memorial Service celebrating her life will be held Thursday, May 6th at 3pm at St. John's Episcopal Church, Bedford, Virginia.

Updike Funeral Home, Bedford is handling the arrangements.