PDA

View Full Version : Happy Dance!

Rescue Pony
May. 2, 2010, 10:49 AM
So normally I do not post my happy dances...but today I feel like I deserve to....

Back story:
I got my 1/2 blind TB rescue in August of 2006..unbroke completely...and he was 5 years old. I was young, cocky, and stupid. In April 2007 I took him to a local benefit show......and proceeded to run over the judge and not have brakes the whole time. For the next several years I continued to push him and have VERY bad shows. Fall 2008...we moved barns....and he proceeded to revert back to childhood. He broke a barn door rearing! I proceeded to ground him.

We went back to basics. I pulled out a rope halter and went back to halter rebreaking. Taught him to stand better....and after 2-3 months went back to the saddle....and the hated dressage training. Finally last fall....got to jump again!

Present Day:

Yesterday we went off the property for the first time in a year and a half...to a show...the first one in two years. Was I nervous he was going to blow? Oh yes! But here comes the happy dance....not only did we NOT run over the judge this time.....but I didn't fall off either! And we got a 3rd and two 4ths in the 4 classes I was in! (I got DQ'd in the hunter hack class...came up to wide on my circle so I circled again. Oh well! We were only 1 of the 2 horse/rider pairs that MADE it over the jumps without refusals and that is what is important).

Posting the video here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GentleSpiritHorses#p/u/0/vs1z6-nuHsg

I know we have a bunch more to work on....but still "Happy Dance" today! work tomorrow! Next show is an actually schooling show in MN...June 6th! Wish us luck!

Zu Zu
May. 2, 2010, 11:10 AM
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS !!:cool: ON YOUR JOB WELL DONE !!! ENJOY !!! :DYOU SHOULD BE VERY:yes: VERY PROUD !!! GOOD LUCK IN JUNE !