PDA

View Full Version : Would you bang a small ponies tail?

Acertainsmile
May. 1, 2010, 10:14 PM
Thats the question of the day... I was tempted, as Mr. Furrball's tail is really long. Getting ready to do some small local stuff, and then maybe Upperville (LL class).

Coppers mom
May. 1, 2010, 11:01 PM
If you bang it in a V shape, rather than straight across, you'll avoid the eventer/dressage looking bang that people don't like.

lauriep
May. 1, 2010, 11:10 PM
Not technically bang it, mid-cannon, but evening up the ends if scraggly is ok. Otherwise, if it is long and full, leave it alone.

Acertainsmile
May. 1, 2010, 11:12 PM
I will keep it long, and yes, it's full...V shape it is then! Thanks!

Go Fish
May. 1, 2010, 11:57 PM
This is easy...wash tail and comb out. Dry. Take your hand and run it down the tail until about where you want the tail to end. Turn tip of tail upside down and snip into the ends with sharp scissors. This will allow you to shorten the tail while giving it a natural look. Does that make sense?

bhrunner06
May. 2, 2010, 09:36 AM
I just banged my small pony's tail....not short, just about 3 inches off the ground. I did it straight across. You cant even tell when she is going around. When she is standing, it does not look out unnatural, it just looks tidy. not sure ive seen the "v bang" before?

Going Bananas
May. 2, 2010, 10:34 PM
that would be the stupidest looking thing I ever saw.

*Liz*
May. 2, 2010, 10:43 PM
Personally, I would bang it. I like clean lines and I can't stand when my horses step on or otherwise pull out their tail.

Sing Mia Song
May. 2, 2010, 10:48 PM
that would be the stupidest looking thing I ever saw.

Well, aren't you...diplomatic. :rolleyes:

I would follow Laurie P's advice without question. Considering the number of winning hunter breeding horses she's turned out, you can't go wrong.