PDA

View Full Version : My horse wants to be a short stirrup pony...

FrenchFrytheEqHorse
Apr. 30, 2010, 10:27 PM
So a kid in the barn today came off her pony in one of those "medium pony moments". It's not the first time it's happened, so she wasn't so much scared as she was lacking confidence in her riding abilities. I asked her to "cool down" my horse for me and told her it would be a really big help. We put her up on him (he's 16.3 1/2) and I walked away for a few minutes while they walked around. When I came back, she wanted to trot. So here's the 60lb kid riding my beast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPs_xx4Cc7Q

And over the poles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsWfFPxtFf8

I bought Jake when he was 4 from his breeder and he took me from the "little" 3' ring all the way to the Junior Hunters and "real" equitation. 7 years later, he's still my best buddy and a barn fave. I thought he was just the best today!

VanEq
Apr. 30, 2010, 10:30 PM
Such cuteness... I love it :D

pinkme
Apr. 30, 2010, 10:31 PM
that is way too cute! What a good boy!

Mayaty02
Apr. 30, 2010, 10:32 PM
CUTE and what a good little rider!!!

onthebit
Apr. 30, 2010, 10:52 PM
Super cute - you have a special boy!

sansibar
Apr. 30, 2010, 11:17 PM
Too cute!!!

billiebob
Apr. 30, 2010, 11:19 PM
One of my best kiddie lesson horses was 17.2 (well, 17.2 1/2 measured right after he had his feet done). He LOVED the little ones, even though I nearly had to throw them on his back. My youngest students at that barn were 8 or 9, so they weren't super tiny. He was such a good egg.

That kid in the videos is a nice little rider, too!

FrenchFrytheEqHorse
May. 1, 2010, 12:13 AM
I just love this guy because at 4, he put up with me trying to figure out how to clean up the changes on a baby, and at 12, he can either teach a young rider to do tempis or help a 60lb kid to recover her confidence. And the next day I can take him out and school "big girl" courses. Once in a lifetime...

my_doran
May. 1, 2010, 01:10 AM
cuuuuutttteeeenessss! loved it. good lil rider considering hes such a big mover for such a small girl.
good horse too.looking after her while you were gone.