PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ebersole?

ThirdCharm
Apr. 29, 2010, 11:23 PM
I'm going to be a demo rider at the ICP assessment coming up and if I'm reading it right the instructor is going to be Paul Ebersole. Anyone ridden with him?

Jennifer

AKB
Apr. 30, 2010, 12:17 AM
My daughters took some lessons from him about 8 years ago and he was awesome. Paul managed to make timid riders confident and to make confident riders more organized and effective. One time, he did a pony club rating for us. The girl who was rating was so anxious that she was rigid and fell off her pony at the trot. He reassured her that she was not going to fail her rating just because she fell off, and that she should stop worrying. The kid smiled, relaxed, and rode beautifully through the rest of the rating.

PhoenixFarm
Apr. 30, 2010, 01:15 AM
Paul is a childhood friend of mine, so I'm probably not the most objective, LOL, but I think you'll find him quite enjoyable.

He rode for a long time with Jim Wofford, and a lot of his methodology is similar, but he's excellent with AA's and juniors and good with timid folk. We grew up together riding with Yves and Christine Sauvignon out west, so he has an excellent background in flatwork, and he's a real student of the classical method. He reads constantly, and continues his own education whenever possible, and has made up most of his own horses.

He's helped me with my riding and horses quite a bit over the years, and I've worked for and with him. You'll find him funny and unassuming. He loves to teach, and he's very gifted.

piaffequeen
Apr. 30, 2010, 10:27 PM
ThirdCharm-are you doing the ICP at the Horse Park?? I have a friend who is demo riding for Lauren O'Brien and Will Faudree.

ThirdCharm
May. 1, 2010, 09:08 AM
Yes, the ICP at CHP. Should be pretty neat.

Jennifer

Threeday33
May. 1, 2010, 09:31 AM
Paul is great! I rode with him when he used to come up to WI to do clinics and also had him coach me at a couple of horse shows. He got my (at that time) green TB through his gridwork issues and I still remember a lot of the things he said that I use in my training today. He gave me a lot of homework. Harley used to bouce 1 strides and break rails and get frustrated when he thought he was doing it right. Paul told me I needed to be creative in my training to set him up for success because he was trying too hard. He was spot on-any issue I've had with Harley since, I have used that same theory. I have also watched him teach some of my students and really liked how he worked with them.