View Full Version : Express Eventing

Apr. 29, 2010, 05:17 PM
I don't know why I hadn't heard of this before now. But this is the MOST disgusting adaptation of our sport that I have ever seen.

If we want to see our sport go away - this is definitely going to do it.

I hope that none of our US riders partake in this again.

Just gross.:mad:

Apr. 29, 2010, 05:24 PM
I just googled it and WTF?! I feel like they're trying to make it a circus event rather than an Olympic sport. I'm sorry but that takes all of the tradition out of the sport. And please I hope no one says it's safer because obviously at least one horse has died and none of those jumps look any less solid than they did last weekend at Rolex.

Apr. 29, 2010, 05:39 PM
I must be NQR -- looks like fun to me! But then again, I can't wait to ride in an event derby and this looks very similar to me. I see lots of positives: increased exposure and hopefully support; more opportunities for experience as venues dwindle; and prize money! But hey, looks like Oli won a boatload of money at it so maybe that's why he fell. <sarcasm>

Apr. 29, 2010, 05:40 PM
Flipping over fences aside, it can't be good for them to be running around in circles like that. And I can't imagine that the horses really understand that they are being asked to attack xc fences when they are indoors.

Apr. 29, 2010, 07:36 PM
Actually, I believe it's an attempt at gaining spectator support. You can't follow a sport you don't know about, and this was a way to get new people exposed to it.