PDA

View Full Version : Photography at Devon

ponypix
Apr. 29, 2010, 05:12 PM
James Parker Re Photos at Devon Only Official Photographers may sell, or offer for sale in ANY MANNER, photos from the DHS. page 6 ? of prizelist. These measures were adopted to insure that every exhibitor will have access to a wide choice of images. We will have at least 4 Photographers on site to insure exceptional coverage for all.Our website will be updated daily of every class ( H/J Breed LL)Any ? 561-309-4342
19 minutes ago · · Comment · Like

James Parker I know this is early but we are trying to protect those photographers from making plans and incurring expense as this rule will be aggresively enforced by management and the officials photographers

dab
Apr. 29, 2010, 11:35 PM
Does this mean JLP is actually going to shoot all of the classes? -- I learned the hard way the first time I had a horse shown in YHUS that he didn't shoot that class --

ponypix
Apr. 30, 2010, 12:15 PM
Yes, we will shoot all classes. However, especially in U/S, it is not possible to assure that we get a USABLE photo of every horse. Besides the # of horses it is impossible to get every horse as there really is no way to remember who you took and therefore who you still need. I realize that your horse is easy for you to pick out but we are given a VERY FEW minutes to get the job done, In addition, with horses side by side and being passed by others it is not always easy to get a photo worth putting on the internet which would do your horse justice. You are ALWAYS welcome to peak with ne or any of our team and point out your horse and we can make sure we get what we can. Thanks...This has been an issue, and we have at least 4 photographers to attempt to make it right

vxf111
Apr. 30, 2010, 12:26 PM
Just to clarify, the prizelist says that James Leslie Parker & Bob Moseder are the exclusive COMMERCIAL photographers for the show via-a-vis photos of "subjects within the confines of the show ring."

So if you're a non commercial photographer, you can photograph horses in the ring. Similarly, if you're a commercial photographer, you can photograph horses outside the ring. Just wanted to make that clear because I am sure there are many people who take photographs just for the experience/enjoyment/personal use and I don't want them to be dissuaded from photographing horses at the show. I know I will be out with my camera. I am far from a pro, but I enjoy taking photos anyway.

vxf111
Apr. 30, 2010, 12:27 PM
I realize that your horse is easy for you to pick out

DAB's horse is easy for ANYONE to pick out ;)

ponypix
Apr. 30, 2010, 04:56 PM
We have not intent in stopping photographers from taking photos.Professional phortographers may not do so because they are taking them to sell....and No One can SELL photos. If you're an amateur and need some help or advice, ask any of our crew...we'll be glad to help,

dab
May. 1, 2010, 02:29 AM
DAB's horse is easy for ANYONE to pick out ;)ROTFLOL -- He's a pinto --

AdultAmmy
May. 16, 2010, 06:32 PM
Just to clarify, the prizelist says that James Leslie Parker & Bob Moseder are the exclusive COMMERCIAL photographers for the show via-a-vis photos of "subjects within the confines of the show ring."

So if you're a non commercial photographer, you can photograph horses in the ring. Similarly, if you're a commercial photographer, you can photograph horses outside the ring. Just wanted to make that clear because I am sure there are many people who take photographs just for the experience/enjoyment/personal use and I don't want them to be dissuaded from photographing horses at the show. I know I will be out with my camera. I am far from a pro, but I enjoy taking photos anyway.

Very happy that you have brought up this issue. I am an amateur photographer who will not be selling any proofs. I am actually making the 6 hour + journey so I can be there to get pictures for my portfolio. (which was basically lost when my external hard drive decided to go nuts). I was a little worried for a second.... I relocated down to VA from Chester County about 2 years ago. Needless to say I'm excited to get back in the area, if only for a couple of weeks.