PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Healthy Steps Joint-Eze?

ParadoxFarm
Apr. 29, 2010, 11:57 AM
My 15-year-old mare was gimpy to the right the last few times I worked with her. Not horribly, but enough to concern me. This horse has never been lame in the five or six years I've owned her. She's always been rock solid. So I took her to the vet and had her x-rayed. She has some soft tissue damage in her left stifle. Bones looked good, though! So she was injected with a steroid and given some medications for the next 12 days. He said just give her five days off and bring her back slowly. I'll probably give her seven days, and then start her slowly.

I asked the vet about supplements and if he thought she needed any, etc. He pretty much said, "They won't hurt" and that I may want to put her on them. He was careful not to say she needed them or that she didn't. So I'm left wondering if I should or should not. He recommended that if I do use any, he likes the Healthy Steps Joint-Eze.

Has anyone used this product? http://www.healthysteps.com/equineproucts/joineeze.htm

I'm not sure if I should take on the investment or not. I would do it if I knew it would be beneficial. I'm hesitant to spend a lot of money for nothing, though. It's about 90.00 for a 3-month supply. That's for the average 1000 to 1100 pound horse. Mine is about 1400 pounds.

Any thoughts? I know some people love supplements and some think it 's a waste of money. I'm stuck making this decision. This horse is not worked overly hard. Mostly flat work with small jumps maybe once a week.

Thanks.