PDA

View Full Version : Pony Size Hock Boots ?

GreystoneKC
Apr. 29, 2010, 09:33 AM
Anyone know where to find them?
I have an adorable mostly white medium pinto pony who does the childrens ponies with one of my students and LOVES to roll. We often get comments at shows about how WHITE he is, but we have trouble spots like with most white ponies (thank GOD he has a chestnut tail, the white mane is bad enough!). Mostly, I HATE that it's almost impossible to keep the back of his hocks white. They are permanently a light brownish-green no matter what we do. I often shave the hair to try to help, but without hock boots, I fear I'll never be able to keep them WHITE. I have hock boots, but they are a "standard" size and always slide down his legs.

Does anyone know if/where you can buy pony or "small" sized hock boots or have any other tips for keeping hocks from getting stained (other than the obvious of keeping them cleaned regularly, etc)? Thanks!

Phaxxton
Apr. 29, 2010, 09:56 AM
These (http://www.equestriancollections.com/product.asp?groupcode=SE00039) come in pony size, but are pricey.

GreystoneKC
Apr. 30, 2010, 10:40 PM
Hmmm...yeah they are a bit pricey, but I'm not even sure I like the PVC. They look kindof... uncomfortable! But thanks! At least they're something!

Anyone else?