PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff: Rolex Shopping - What do you want to see?

avezan
Apr. 29, 2010, 07:53 AM
This year was my second Rolex. My first was about 12 years ago. There was still a 3* and a 4*. The shopping then was very good. No indoor, but lots of tents. This year's trade fair was HUGE in comparison. I have never seen such a large trade fair! I thought it was great. Although, I agree, there were a lot of non-horse specific vendors there.

There are a lot of vendors and potential vendors that read this board. So here is my question: For those who were disappointed in the shopping this year, what did you want to see? Were there particular vendors missing that you wanted to see? Of the vendors that were there, were there products that they did not have that you wanted to see? Did you want more sale stuff? A larger range of non-sale stuff? Let's let current and future vendors know what we want to see and maybe they will show up next year!

I would like to thank the organizers, sponsors and volunteers at Rolex for a great show! I'll be back for sure next year. No more 12 year hiatuses for me. :)

eventersmom
Apr. 29, 2010, 08:27 AM
My only disappointment was not having Rodney Powell there. My daughter was going to get fitted for a vest (there are no retailers in our area that carry Rodney Powell) and she was a bit blue that they weren't represented at Rolex. Other than that, she found plenty to buy!

Auburn
Apr. 29, 2010, 09:10 AM
I am sorry that the Tropical Rider folks were not there. They had a very large booth there for the past couple of years. I like their extended patch breeches.

smokescreen
Apr. 29, 2010, 09:23 AM
I would like it if there were less, lotion, foot stuff, kitchen stuff, however if they made enough money they will be back. I love it when they have bargains. I hope the big manufacturers realize that Rolex is a great place to unload their overstocks/ under performers.

subk
Apr. 29, 2010, 09:26 AM
I bought a hat for the Steeplechase next week, funky pearl earrings to match a necklace and I'll be ordering some embroidered napkins and calling the reclaimed wood guy when we get to that point in house construction. And someday (after the house is done and I have a savings account again) I'm going to have Booth Malone do a painting of my daughters with the barn and the ponies in the back ground. I like the non horsey stuff because I rarely have time to do normal shopping at home and even more rarely get the opportunity to shop with my girl pals.

I also bought stirrup leathers, reins, breeches, galloping boots, saddle pad, gloves, show shirt, CO helmet...so I think the trade fair is just about perfect.

jn4jenny
Apr. 29, 2010, 09:32 AM
I was really hoping to try the Airowear, Rodney Powell, KanTeq, and/or Casel-Equi vests at Rolex. That is, the brands that I can't routinely find in my local tack store. Maybe some of them were there, but not in the (many) booths that I shopped in!

sisu27
Apr. 29, 2010, 10:29 AM
calling the reclaimed wood guy when we get to that point in house construction.

Shout out to George and the boys from Longwood! They make our Rolex week even better every year!

For those interested here is the link:

http://www.longwoodantiquewoods.com/

Carolinadreamin'
Apr. 29, 2010, 01:34 PM
Was hoping Thinline would be there.